+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Third Watch 02/20 - "No More, Forever"

They don't show the 'Next Week On . . .' clips in your neck'f the woods Duxxy? Scandalous!
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    ugh! they don't show the previews on our station! I have no idea what you all are talking about
    It's probably better that you didn't, because it doesn't look good for our favorite cop! Or maybe that's just what NBC wanted us to think. You know those damn previews, sometimes (most times) they show things out of context to make it look more interesting. But we've already lost 3 main characters since last seasons ender!

Chris

Three since the end? I thought it was three total. Who'd I miss?

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

The other nights show was really good. Nice to see this show has balls to get rid of a main character to make the story more intresting. Hopefully they don't kill off Bosco, Ty, Sully, Faith or Sascha next though. I also don't get previews for next week here either

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian105
    Three since the end? I thought it was three total. Who'd I miss?
    I believe it was Taylor (dead), Jimmy (transferred) & Doc (arrested). Now of course we know Taylor is not coming back, but I think the others are permanent departures also. Maybe we will see a little of Doc as he goes thru the legal system.

Of course the most shocking departure was Bobby from a couple of seasons back. And who can forget Kim's terrible cry acting as she mourns the loss of her partner (who was in love with her).

Chris

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Excellent and moving episode. Leave it to Sully to help Doc out without hurting anyone else.

I agree MrP that there are probably more than a few time bombs out there. There has also been a huge rise in alcohol abuse. The effects of 9/11 long since remain in those directly affected by it. When Doc said they were waiting to help and they couldn't because nobody came out, my mind flashed back to that day and I can't possibly imagine what it was like for those who planned on saving lives and all they could do was collect body parts.

I thought this was the best episode of the season, both on a writing front and acting. Michael Beach was phenomenal. All the way to the end when he said that Carlos and Kim are good medics, you could feel his mental instability.

I thought they should have skipped bringing Faith back until after this. Too many huge storylines in one show.

And I'll agree that I'm tired of mob storylines. I'm glad Nardo is out of the picture.

Next week looks interesting. Glad the Tivo didn't cut off the previews, which it often does!

And my favorite 2 firemen are still there - Billy and DK. I think they're great character actors. (DK is the one married to Faith in reality)

On a totally unrelated/related note, Bobby is in a movie called The Station Agent which is supposed to be fabulous - was nominated for a cast ensemble award at the SAG awards last night (didn't win, but nominated)

MB

I think somebody mentioned in this thread recently, that Third Watch was going to focus more on the police portion of the cast. This kind of makes sense. Think of how much work it is to stage fires and to make sure everyone is safe. When you think of it, there are no fireman characters left on the show that are major characters. Most of the major characters are the police on the show, followed by the paramedics. That is probably why they are moving the paramedics to the streets, to take the focus off of the firehouse.

Chris

I hope that's not the case. The interaction of the two groups is what makes it such a good show, in my opinion. I sort of like the paramedics better, but that's because I have a paramedic in my family and know what a thankless job that is. Of course the family of policemen feel the same I'm sure. I thought "Doc" was such a believable character. I wll miss him on the show.

Oh, I see, MrPayroll, you were counting those that had just left the show. I was referring to those that had left through getting their Character killed.

And dude, Kim 'n' Carlos are main Characters, and they're in the house --- or, they used to be, if this former reaper-type dude still goes along with tossing them out'f the house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123