+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Third Watch 02/20 - "No More, Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I missed next weeks previews But I cannot see it being anyone else besides Doc unless they bring someone in for one episode and they go nuts...but I doubt it.

POSSIBLE SPOILER???? but probably not lol

The new firehouse captain is only a guest star. Could it be Starsky that takes everyone hostage? (lol Guardian you are too young to remember Starsky and Hutch I bet ) I think he has a 3 epi arc.. this would make it his last epi
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I must admit that you'd be right in saying I wouldn't remember/know Starsky and Hutch, Duxxy. I won't attempt to pretend I know the basics behind that show. I'm guessing that this reference is because the current "reaper-captain-dude" is from Starsky and Hutch?
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

LOL yeah Guardian - Starsky and Hutch was the Miami Vice of the 70's - oh please tell me you know what Miami Vice is LOL
    Any way - the coolest cop drama of it's time. I was young myself when it aired and I don't remember the details. They were undercover detectives. The captain was partnered with David Soul - who went on to have a luke warm singing career.

Quote Originally Posted by tvtome
    First screeching onto television screens in 1975, 'Starsky & Hutch' brought much of the streetwise grit, the violence, and the sheer excitement from hit movies such as 'Dirty Harry' to the small screen. There had been Police series virtually since then beginning of television, but 'Starsky & Hutch' had something else – this show was undoubtedly "hip". A huge hit at the time, it now stands as one of the iconic cop shows of the 1970s, particularly thanks to the fashions and infamous car chases that went with it.

On the surface, plain-clothes Detectives Starsky and Hutch were like chalk and cheese. Ken Hutchinson (David Soul) opted very much for the quiet life, being well read, a deep thinker, and enjoying fine cuisine. Dave Starsky (Paul Michael Glaser), on the other hand, was louder, more brash, enjoying street life and a diet of junk food.
    Their personalities might have contrasted, but once together, they meshed perfectly, practically operating and thinking as one, as they ridded the streets of muggers, drug pushers, murderers, rapists, racketeers, and similar such scum. Their methods weren't always the most orthodox and they weren't afraid to bend the rules, but they always got results

I may, I may not; I don't remember much from my childhood. The best thing I can remember is the parody Sesame Street used to play, Miami Mice. *shrugs* I miss that segment . . .

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

FORT Newbie
    Just saw a teaser for it and it appeared that Doc was pulling a gun on Carlos from behind.

ok I finally got to see a 'teaser'
    Sasha's off duty gun is MIA and Doc shoots Starsky in the belly telling him he'll have to see what its like to wait 15 minutes for help. Sniper has Doc in his sights and he has Kim in his sights.. a gun goes off

I cant wait for tomorrow night!

I just saw the end of the teaser with the crosshairs on someone. Sure looked like Doc to me and according to Duxxy it is. Can't wait for this episode.

Well this was a very good episode and Doc gave the performance of his life at the end. I could feel his pain. They didn't have to mention Sept 11th, but that was the beginning of the end for Doc and in our real world, their are probably a few ticking time bombs out there.

I felt sorry for Doc, he was genuinely crazy and probably will be sent to a mental institution.

I wonder what Michael Beach is going to do now. Was it his decision to leave Third Watch?

Next weeks episode doesn't look good for our favorite cop!

Chris

Hey, good to see you again mrpayroll.

I, too, was kindah surprised that Doc mentioned 9/11, but like you said, it must have affected "other ticking time-bombs" in our real world.

There actually may have been a point, though. Maybe that was really where "it all started." I'm not sure if it was the second episode of the "special" thingaber or later along the line, but I remember the Forehouse gathering in a park that overlooked Lady Liberty, and Doc had said somethin' about how eventually no one would probably "remember." So may that's when the walls of sanity started to fall -- at least, speaking from the Character's view; the writers probably really had no idea that they were gonna do such a thing with Doc at the time, but wow, what a great thing to consider, huh?

I'm just glad 'they' didn't have Doc kill Carlos. That would have been a VERY BAD AND STUPID move. And it's nice that the 'reaper-type' dude made it to the hospital. No matter how much'f an arse they may have been before, no on really deserves to die like that.

Poor Munroe. I wonder how she's gonna feel in coming episodes.

I like how Bosco handled the last scene between him and Faith -- for the most part. He didn't try to lie or run around the subject Faith was bringing up . . . Well, he didn't really fess up to anything to try and talk it out, but he did admit he hadn't said anything to -- Swersky? Is that his name?

I liked that Cruz was kindah "Holy shanzahbanzah what's SHE doing here?!" Heehee.

So that's . . . Three now, eh? First there was Bobby, who I never really knew, then Taylor, now Doc. Oh, wait, and there was the guy from the verry first episode (watched it on A&E), but I think just about every drama show does that.

Now, next week, if they kill Bosco, I'm gonna be pissed. Sully, I'll be sad, but we already know he's in to "retire" sometime soon. Ty --- don't go there man. They do that, I won't be comin' here anymore 'cause I won't have anything to say 'cause I won't be watchin' the show!

ugh! they don't show the previews on our station! I have no idea what you all are talking about

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast