+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King of the Hill

Re: King of the Hill

Is it true that they made a few more episodes than what was shown? I keep hearing that there was at least 2 more episodes that were discussed, but never shown. One was supposed to be Dale finding out about Nancy and John R. In all honesty, I cannot, for the life of me, understand why KOTH is cancelled, but we will continue to see Futurama. Granted Futurama is good, but not KOTH good!

I don't like any of the other cartoons on right now (other than the Simpson's). I liked King of the Hill because it was something different than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3701569;
    Is it true that they made a few more episodes than what was shown? I keep hearing that there was at least 2 more episodes that were discussed, but never shown.
    According to wiki its true...granted it is wiki, Fox made more episodes, but they decided to just go ahead and throw those episodes in regular syndication and just air the finale so they could make room for a Family Guy spinoff called "The Cleveland Show" which will focus on Cleveland and his new family. Apparently there are four unaired episodes :

The Honeymooners
    Bill Gathers Moss
    When Joseph Met Lori, and Made Out with Her in the Janitor's Closet
    Just Another Manic Kahn-Day

Again, it is from wiki so who knows...i do hope that maybe these episodes will pop up on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim or even the fox site...

If you have a chance and have not, watch the DVD sets with the commentary turned on. They are hysterical.
    There's no place like home!

Question: what kind of badge did Boomhauer have? At the end when he tossed it on his dresser, that was supposed to tell us at last what he does for a living, but we did not recognize the badge. We thought he might be a Texas Ranger? Anyone know?

I really liked the final episode. It had closure in a gentle way that honored the tone of the show. It starts with the alley guys realizing they have completed all their projects. And it ends with Hank bonding with his son, who finally has a skill that Hank could relate to and they could do together and talk about for the rest of their lives. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3701569;
    Is it true that they made a few more episodes than what was shown? I keep hearing that there was at least 2 more episodes that were discussed, but never shown. One was supposed to be Dale finding out about Nancy and John R. In all honesty, I cannot, for the life of me, understand why KOTH is cancelled, but we will continue to see Futurama. Granted Futurama is good, but not KOTH good!
    Isn't Futurama by the people who made the Simpsons? Not Mike Judge's show.
    We have loved King of the Hill from the beginning and will miss it, but look forward to what Mike Judge does next. I love all of his projects - he must have decided he needed to spend his time elsewhere, like on the movie that recently came out. Can't remember the title off the top of my head, but his previous movies Idiocracy and, of course, Office Space, are genius.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3703420;
    According to wiki its true...granted it is wiki, Fox made more episodes, but they decided to just go ahead and throw those episodes in regular syndication and just air the finale so they could make room for a Family Guy spinoff called "The Cleveland Show" which will focus on Cleveland and his new family.
    Yuck, I have no plans to watch the Cleveland show. I only watch Family Guy because hubby likes it.
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-18-2009 at 02:33 PM.

"God dang it" I didn't know it was on last week! I thought it was airing later in Sept.
    I love KOTH! It's my fave cartoon show. I'll miss you Bobby, Hank, Peggy, Luanne, everyone!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Yes he was/is a Texas Ranger...who would have thought that
    There's no place like home!

Yes he was/is a Texas Ranger...who would have thought that
    Now that I saw that, I am paying very close attention to the shennanigans, that Hank and friends are getting into.
    A couple days ago I was watching the episode where Cotton has to move to the VA with Dee-Dee and Good Hank, and he steals the car during the parade and Boomhauer did nothing. I guess part of me doesnt buy that he was a cop, I feel Judge put that in in there as a last minute decision. He did nothing with Bill, and I feel that Bill was a bigger character than Boomhauer. Just my opinion!

Harvest--
    Isn't Futurama by the people who made the Simpsons? Not Mike Judge's show.
    We have loved King of the Hill from the beginning and will miss it, but look forward to what Mike Judge does next. I love all of his projects - he must have decided he needed to spend his time elsewhere, like on the movie that recently came out. Can't remember the title off the top of my head, but his previous movies Idiocracy and, of course, Office Space, are genius.
    Your right, i was just venting frustration that KOTH is gone and a much lesser deserving show is still on the air. Too bad another Network didn't pick it up.
    Last edited by gant77; 09-19-2009 at 05:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12