+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Perfect Husband:The Laci Peterson Story-TV Movie

The Perfect Husband:The Laci Peterson Story-TV Movie

http://www.usanetwork.com/movies/perfecthusband/

The USA Network is showing on Friday The 13th (eeeeeeek) The TV MovieThe Perfect Husband:The Laci Petersen Story......
    This came on while I was watching my show Monk. Isn't USA showing this movie way to early at the moment ?......
    Could it be there's a trial? WELL it's not happening at the moment. But wasn't Peterson's lawyer pleading or somethin that his client is NOT gonna get a fair trial?!? I WONDER if they know about this movie?

USA is always quick to jump on a made-for-tv movie...I watched there DC Sniper Movie a while back and I think they started writing the script before the M&M were caught

I willing to bet the movie script is written already and production has started, they'll probably film some ambiguous scenes and two endings and just wait for the verdict to come in then some quick editing and wahlahh!!! (sp?)

They hope for a conviction by sweeps...

The movie script is written, and the movie has been shot. It's airing next Friday, well before any trial gets under way.

I was flipping through the channels the other night and ran across a documentary type show about the Laci Peterson murder. I couldn't believe that it was even on considering the trial isn't over. Now to hear that there is a movie out? I don't know how I feel about Scott Peterson, (not good actually) but it hardly seems like the man will be able to get an unbiased jury when all this is being broadcast.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    I was flipping through the channels the other night and ran across a documentary type show about the Laci Peterson murder. I couldn't believe that it was even on considering the trial isn't over. Now to hear that there is a movie out? I don't know how I feel about Scott Peterson, (not good actually) but it hardly seems like the man will be able to get an unbiased jury when all this is being broadcast.
    The minute the media gets involved in a trial all ** bleep ** breaks loose. Getting a fair trial is a concept that goes out the window. Scott Peterson, OJ, Michael Jackson, Robert Blake, etc. have/had no hope of a fair trial. I really wish the courts would put their foot down. Although it's facinating to watch these trials - this is serious business! Media should take the high road and not cover it in sensational docu-dramas, tv movies, etc. I live near Santa Maria where the Michael Jackson trial is taking place. It's a circus there! Our local news has promos of "when Michael is there..we will be there...bringing you the news is important to us" -- our justice system and news media has stooped so low...grrrrrr!

:nono

(sorry for the rant...the whole thing just irks me)
    Last edited by KaiCee; 02-09-2004 at 03:04 AM.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread