+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third Watch 02/13 - "Blessed and Bewildered"

02/13 - "Blessed and Bewildered"

THIRD WATCH
    BLESSED AND BEWILDERED
    02-13-2004 10:00PM

FUMING BOSCO MIGHT FALL INTO MOBSTER'S SNARE -- An enraged Officer Bosco (Jason Wiles) renews his feud with a small-time gangster (as Allie, guest star Nicholas Turturro) when he overreacts to the mobster's provocation with Bosco's mother -- but his anger only makes it easier for him to fall into his enemy's trap -- while the tough new fire chief tells Kim (Kim Raver) that he intends to exile her paramedics from the station house to the street. Elsewhere, Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) is suspicious when his long-lost brother (guest star Adam Beach) wants to tag along with the paramedics and Doc (Michael Beach) is unusually upbeat when he throws a house party for his co-workers. Coby Bell, Nia Long and Skipp Sudduth also star..

Man, this has wierd written all over it. That's all I can think of to say.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

I think Doc's party has disaster written all over it!! Last time we saw his house it was in ruins wasnt it? saw horses and plastic tarps everywhere??
    Fire Chief as in top dog or as in top dog of the station? If he' just the head of the station Kim will fight him tooth and nail. Totally unfair for them to be put out on the street.. even a running amublance must be cold in the dead of NY winter
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Do remember, however, that the Third Watch timeline/chronology could very well be quite skewed. For all we know, enough time has passed for Doc's house to look marginally habitable.

Or it doesn't, which makes this particular episode all the more possibly stranger.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

*blinks* Um, wow, our Third Watch-specific Forum is gone. That really sucks.

Anyway . . .

This episode was quite forbodingly scary. The slow-mo close-up on Doc, watching his smile fade -- uh-boy. Scary.

And if there's a sign to watch for when somethin' bad is gonna happen soon, it's when someone gives up rather pricey possessions -- like well-kept Sinatra vinyls.

And what the heck was Doc doin' with Munroe? I get the vibe that they are waay outtah age-range. Or maybe that's just me. Poor Ty.

The scenes for next week were the clincher though. Kindah stinks that they revealed "who the shooter is gonna be," but I guess if people have been tunin' in recently they'll have known either way, and I guess if NBC wants ratings they're gonna have to reveal something.

Honestly, if they kill off Ruivivar, I think I'm gonna have to stop watching the show. He's just too cool to pass on in such a way. It will be sad to see Doc go, but obviously they've been preparin' for such for a while; we've all seen it since he gave Kim that reprimand 'way back when.'

I'm certainly lookin' forward to next week.

Hey Guardian, did you catch the 'almost remorseful' look on Ty's face when Doc kissed Sasha when she walked into the party? I wonder if he was interested in her??
    I wonder if Bosco will ask for Faith to be his partner again and who Sasha will be paired with? I didnt get to see the previews for next week so don't laugh at me if NBC already showed us lol.
    Its getting interesting I can't wait for next week
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I did catch that look, Duxxy, which is why I said 'Poor Ty' earlier. I do believe he was interested in her, at least on a platonic/something to grow on level. I, personally don't like the idea'f Munroe and Doc together at all -- but it probably won't matter, as he'll probably be dead by this time next week anyway.

I was pretty surprised that Faith wanted bosco as her partner again. I suppose, writer-wise, I can't be surprised, but dude that's just wierd. If it weren't for him she wouldn'ah been so psychosomatically paralyzed.

But I'm ready to have her back. This stuff with Munroe 'n' Bosco --- an' I was likin' them too . . . Blugh. Oh well. If/When Faith comes back I'm guessing Munroe might be partnered with Ty since Sully's retiring presumably . . . Or maybe she'll go with Cruz (*shudder*) 'cause she currently has no partner (despite bein' with Anti-Crime) and she's still in the theme credits.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Doc has lost his mind. I'm assuming from the previews that he gets blown away, but you never know.

I also thought the whole entire thing with Carlos' brother and the pictures was bizarre.

Faith looked great - but I've grown accustomed to Sasha. I like her.

Great show - I still love it.

FORT Newbie
    Faith's surprise cameo appearance completely shocked the hell out of me, and it's taken me a while to recover, but I think I have, enough to make a comment or two anyway.

As much as I love Bos and his mom, I simply HATE mob storylines, so needless to say this isn't doing much for me and I can't help but hope it ends soon.

I was completely into the suicidal Doc storyline - Michael Beach is playing the heck out of it and next week is going to be difficult to watch. Too bad this is as interested as I've ever been in Doc's character.

My second favorite line of the episode, when Bosco pointedly told Monroe, - I didn't pick you did I!?!?! I LOVED IT!!!!

And FINALLY, FAITH!!!! OMG I about jumped out of my seat when the camera cut to her sitting there. For me, it was as if a sudden fresh breeze blew through the 55. I was beyond thrilled and I'm still smiling about it.

It was so hard to tell what was going on with those two, what with the myriad of emotions that seemed to be warring in each of them, especially in so short a scene. It really was too brief an encounter, after too long a separation, in the aftermath of too traumatic an experience.

But I have to tell you that that 1:25 minutes of screentime has me more STOKED than anything that has come before in this season. And despite what I just said, I can't help but speculate as to at least part of what each was feeling in that moment.

I think Bosco was somewhat guarded. I think the length of their non-communication, Fred's obvious animosity, and Sasha's planting the seeds of doubt about Faith wanting to return to the job or him and his obvious hurt at her wanting him away from her, were playing heavily on him. But in spite of it all, he went to meet her, he, in fact, showed up. And as she talked and it became clearer to him, that she really wasn't all right, he seemed to let down that guard a little bit, his features seemed to soften slightly, in fact, after being interrupted by the phone call, he seemed somewhat reluctant to leave her. She had to tell him to go - twice, and he needed her reassurance that she was okay before he up and did.

As for Faith - she called him!!! Hell yeah! I really didn't get the feeling going back to the job was necessarily what she wanted, at least at this time. The way she said the Department doctors told her there was no medical reason why she couldn't work, led me to believe the choice might have been taken out of her hands. I'm not sure how things work in NY, or in police services, but doesn't disability pension money stop being paid, if the patient is deemed to no longer be disabled? The way she said - if they say I'm ready to come back then I'm ready to come back. Almost as if she was determined to make it so, even if she wasn't really ready. I strongly got the feeling she was unsure of herself and telling Bosco to ask Swersky to put them back together, was her way of asking him for his help, without actually doing the asking. I mean needing, wanting or asking for help is not one of Faith's strong suits, as was aptly pointed out by Bosco himself, when Sasha asked him that very thing.

The sticking point here though is, with Bosco now knowing he's in trouble, as far as Nardo is concerned, he'll probably be reluctant to partner back up with Faith, in the fear that something might again happen to her. And I'd think he'd feel obligated to keep an eye out on Monroe as well. And without Faith knowing any of this, she may very well see it as another betrayal. At the very least she'd be hurt by it.

That's my take anyway.

Favorite line of the episode - I'm coming back, I'm coming back all the way. As if you didn't know that would be it.

Oh, and I guess I don't really have to point out how many more points this episode earned by being cruz-free.

BTW, I thought Molly looked fantastic?

Cruz-free episodes all the way! Booyah! Nice call nypd1141.

Your takes on the very small scene/conversation between Faith and Bosco were quite intriguing; I hadn't quite caught all that you did, and it makes lots of sense.

I really am hoping Faith and Bosco are partnered up again, but the ideas that you've suggested, nypd1141, make me a bit hesitant. It's almost as if the writers are setting everyone up for something similar to "The Shooting." That would stink, because we've already had one of those, and the season ain't even over yet. Bugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast