+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Third Watch 02/13 - "Blessed and Bewildered"

We saw Faith sitting, we've seen nothing of her 'recovery' is she healed? Is she able to walk, run and carry out active street duty? Maybe she's pulling a fast one on Bosco and he's going to be her desk jockey partner. Probably not but I can't get past the fact that she was already seated in the diner. She didn't walk in to find Bosco sitting there, waiting for her like she asked him to.. she was already seated.
    I'm probably wrong, I usually am, this point is just a little niggle at the back of my brain that won't shut the heck up.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Faith asked Bosco to wait for her? I don't remember that in the episode; please refresh my memory.

In any event, I think it's supposed to be implied that Yokas has indeed recovered. Fred isn't anywhere in the scene, so I think the writers subtely (sp?) asked us to believe that yes, Faith is indeed better and ready to return to duty. Also, we didn't see any wheelchair of sorts in the shot -- at least, that I can remember. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

FORT Newbie
    I really do think we were supposed to assume that Faith had continued with the physical therapy that she had started, before she left. At one point she had mentioned that she was completely paralyzed for three weeks. So I think it's safe to bet she was regaining feeling as the swelling continued to go down.

The fact that she said that the department doctors had told her there was no medical reason why she couldn't return to work leads me to believe that she is indeed back on her feet and physically fit for duty.

My only question is whether or not she is still suffering any of the psychosomatic back/neck pain she had before that one session with the psychiatrist.

I guess we'll soon find out.

I am just ecstatic that she is finally back and I don't mind saying so.

If the 'doctors' say there's nothing phnysical holding her back from returning to work, she probably isn't experiencing any sort of psychosomatic pain.

That doesn't mean she's mentally 'better' though. I, peronsally am unsure. Obviously she must be doing better physically, because as I said earlier there was no wheelchair in the shot; how else would she have gotten into the diner if she wasn't able to walk yet?

But her words, her tone . . . Like nypd1141 said earlier, Bosco didn't even seem too convinced either.

But like he also said, we'll just have to wait and see.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12