+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ER 02/12 - "Impulse Control"

02/12 - "Impulse Control"

ER
    IMPULSE CONTROL
    02-12-2004 9:59PM

NURSE SAM CONFRONTED BY NEW LIFE AND SUDDEN DEATH; DR. CARTER ENTERTAINS GIRLFRIEND AS THANDIE NEWTON GUEST-STARS -- Life and death assume an even higher profile as single-mother Sam (Linda Cardellini) treats an abused and newly pregnant teen (guest star Rheagan Wallace) as well as a wife (guest star Marin Hinkle) who sees her injured family melt away after a car accident -- while Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) takes a holiday to show Kem (guest star Thandie Newton, "Mission: Impossible 2") the wonders of a wintry Chicago. Elsewhere, a risk-assessment expert (guest star Richard Kline) is hired to observe the E.R. and is shocked at the abounding mayhem -- especially when Sam roughs up a patient's friend. Abby (Maura Tierney) and Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) restrain an undocumented man (guest star F.J. Rio) who wants to check out despite testing positive for tuberculosis while Sam is quizzed by her son Alex (guest star Oliver Davis) about her interest in Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic). Laura Innes, Sherry Stringfield, Sharif Atkins and Parminder Nagra also star..

Let's see - I remember Carter, Luka, Sam, Weaver, Pratt and Abby in this episode. There was little or no Lewis, Chen, Gallant, Neela or Corday. There is a bit of realism to this but the entire season has been this way, with some of the characters not being utilized or involved in the plot. I'd rather see what's up with Gallant or Corday than the constant focus on Abby, and now Sam, with Luka and Carter in and out.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Chen is out of the country. on the 2/5 episode, she called the hospital to talk with someone because her mom had just died. She will be coming back next week (or this week) to take care of her ailing father. So you will see her again. Lewis is pregnant so she was probably home dealing with morning sickness. I don't know where Neela or Gallant or Corday were. I think the reason why they're focusing so much on Sam, Luka, Abby and Carter is because something major is going to happen to both would be couples. Something will bring Luka and Sam closer and then something else will bring Abby and Carter back into each other's arms for comfort and support. (Something will happen with Kim or the baby and something else will happen within Abby's already disfunctional family). I'm thinking something devestating will happen to her brother, Eric.

I actually have 3 different scenerios on the Kim situation that could be devestating for Carter: Scenerio 1: Kim loses the baby in Africa, writes to John to tell him and tells him she doesn't want to see him She thinks it's best if they have some space for a while.
    Scenerio 2: Kim doesn't lose the baby but writes to Carter to tell him that she's decided not to leave Africa and that she's leaving him.
    Scenerio 3: (probably the most devestating) A scene shows Kim in Africa making the decision to live in Chicago and marry Carter. Without telling him, she boards a plane. (You see where this is going?) Cut back to the hospital where Carter is working on a patient. Abby comes in and tells him she needs to talk to him in private. (It has to be Abby because he would take the news a lot better from her) She pulls him into another room where you can see them through a window. Abby proceeds to tell him that a plane taking off from Johannesburg crashed shortly after take-off. There were no survivors and Kim was on the plane. Sorry to be so morbid but I still hold fast to the opinion that Carter should be with Abby.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    My prediction:

I think that Kim is going to have a little romp with Pratt when she returns back to the states and Carter will walk in on them and decide that he doesn't want anything to do with Kim any more. Carter then begins questioning if he really is the father of Kim's unborn baby and makes her take a praternity test once the baby is born to find out if he is indeed the father or not. Much to his surprise the baby is not his -- it is Luka's.

--------------------------------------------

Seriously though, I do believe that something is going to happen that will make Abby and Carter get back together. The split between the two of them was too abrupt and left viewers unsatisfied.

I also hope that the show gets rid of Neela. I don't think she adds anything to the show. I don't like her at all! I like the new nurse, Sam. And most importantly -- I want to see MORE of Galant!

I just heard this morning that ER will be on for at least another 2 years.

kim

By the way, who goes ice skating while they are pregnant? Especially if you've never done it. I'd be afraid of falling and hurting the baby.

I'm not sure about the paternity test showing it is Luka's, but how about that guy she was dating before Carter. Wasn't he quite dark skinned? I'm thinking the baby will be really dark.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Is Dr. Lewis pregnant in real life or on the show? It was hard for me to tell.

I think Kim will contract Aids from one of her patients, And wont come back to Carter. Or the camp she's at will be attacked and she will be killed.

+ Reply to Thread