+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CSI - "Early Rollout" - 02/19

CSI - "Early Rollout" - 02/19

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES THE HORRIFIC MURDER
    OF A MILLIONAIRE AND HIS WIFE IN THEIR HOME,
    ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, FEB. 19

D.B. Sweeney ("The Cutting Edge") and Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman Guest Star

"Early Rollout " -- Grissom has the entire CSI team working the execution-style murder of a millionaire and his wife, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION Thursday, Feb. 19 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Duane Clarke directed the episode from a teleplay by Executive Producers Anthony E. Zuiker and Carol Mendelsohn and a story by Technical Consultant Elizabeth Devine.

D.B. Sweeney ("The Cutting Edge") guest stars as a former business associate of the victim and a prime suspect in the murder investigation. Las Vegas Mayor Goodman guest stars as his lawyer.

The CSIs are pulled into an early morning rollout call to investigate the murder a millionaire entrepreneur and his wife who were shot to death in the driveway of their upscale, gated-community home. Grissom and his team combine their resources and discover that the victim had some shady business ventures in the past that created a few enemies along the way -- all of whom could be potential suspects. Back in the office, Grissom gives Catherine her job evaluation.

Gil Grissom William Petersen
    Catherine Willows Marg Helgenberger
    Captain Jim Brass Paul Guilfoyle
    Nick Stokes George Eads
    Warrick Brown Gary Dourdan
    Sara Sidle Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins Robert David Hall
    David Phillips David Berman
    Hodges Wallace Langham
    Laurel Trent Renee Allman
    Mike Trent James Hyde
    Officer Metcalf Joseph Patrick Kelly
    Security Guard Anthony E. Zuiker
    Chris Bezich Nicholas Lea
    Drake Snow Kim Coates
    Ross Davis Cory Hardrict
    Alex Goode Galvin Chapman
    Kyle Goode D.B. Sweeney
    Counter Girl Kat Dennings
    Lawyer Oscar B. Goodman
    Suspect #1 Ray Stoney
    Suspect #2 Christian Redd

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Back in the office, Grissom gives Catherine her job evaluation.
    Gawd I hope that isnt a euphemism
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Absolutely loved this episode. Great murder mystery and some very welcome character developments. Greg getting the once over from Warrick was a good reminder of just how far he has come from the first season.
    Also liked Brass talking to Sara about her drinking and using cough drops to cover up the smell of the alchohol. Obviously this is in connection to her getting passed over for promotion by Nick.
    The interplay between Grissom and Catherine during her evaluation was priceless. Definitely a foreshadowing of when he says he will leave the show when his contract is up.
    Congratulations to the great Canadian X-Files actor " Nicholas Lea" as a love connection with Catherine. Does any one know if this is a continuing arc or only one shot?
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

What was Nicholas Lea in? He looked REALLY familiar to me, and it was driving me nuts. I guess I'll have to use imdb.

Dang, now I know! he was Krycek on X-Files!

He was? Heck I didn't even recognise him and I just watched an xpisode the other night too. Well not sure now if the rumor about Grissom and Sara getting hot and heavy this season is going to pan out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Jay
    Krycek aka "Rat Boy".

Boy Warrick is channeling Grissom on this episode get on poor Greg case. Just like Sara was on the joke Nick made on the last episode no feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by technomage500
    Also liked Brass talking to Sara about her drinking and using cough drops to cover up the smell of the alchohol. Obviously this is in connection to her getting passed over for promotion by Nick.
    I just have missed an episode, which I don't think cuz I've watched them all.......I think. But when did she start drinking?? It felt like, to me at least, that this was the first mention of her HAVING a drinking problem. Wait, I think I did miss the promotion episode. Oops

Quote Originally Posted by PPerez
    I just have missed an episode, which I don't think cuz I've watched them all.......I think. But when did she start drinking?? It felt like, to me at least, that this was the first mention of her HAVING a drinking problem. Wait, I think I did miss the promotion episode. Oops
    It was new to me too. I normally don't miss an episode, but I don't recall there being one that dealt with the promotion issue yet either. Either they didn't, or a whole lot happened during the one show I missed this season, argh.

I don't know what to think of the possible Sara drinking storyline. I wish the writers wouldn't go down that path if they're thinking about it. It's not necessary for all of the characters to have some major character flaw/drama going on. We've got Grissom and his hearing, Warrick and his gambling, Catherine and her father and now RatBoy, Sara was bad enough with her puppy dog devotion to Griss..and Nick, who's got a White Knight complex. If they decide to do some alcohol storyline for her, it just detracts from the show, IMO, which isn't supposed to be about the minutia of the CSIs lives, but the job they do and the crimes they solve.

I can't stand CSI:Miami for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that we can't have a single episode go by without some reference to Raymond Caine and Horatio's creepy semi-stalking of his former sister-in-law.

I still can't get over RatBoy being Catherine's new boyfriend. I keep waiting for black goo to come seeping out of his eyeballs or to find out Cancer Man is really the new owner of his club.

+ Reply to Thread