+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Family Affair

Family Affair

I was so worried that this show would be AWFUL. That they would try and "update" it by making the kids un-likable. I saw it last week (at midnight on some westcoast station). I actually enjoyed it.
    I liked the twins, and the little we got to see of Sissy, gave me hope.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hmmm, I don't think i ever saw the original.
    It doesn't sound familiar.
    "That's Numberwang!"

from the WB site

Family Affair | Thursdays 8/7c
    A handsome and wealthy businessman, Bill Davis (Gary Cole, The Brady Bunch movies, Office Space) has a high-powered career, a stunning penthouse on Central Park East, a succession of beautiful women and a dignified old-school British butler, Mr. French (Tim Curry, Charlie's Angels), to make sure his life runs according to plan. Bill's life of blissful bachelorhood was years in the making, but it is destroyed in a single day with the arrival of two 6-year-old twins and their 14-year-old sister.

From 1966 to 1971, Family Affair was a heartwarming family comedy that shaped television history. Blending the same comical dilemmas and heartfelt family values that made the original show a hit, Family Affair has been rejuvenated and fast-forwarded to the current day with The WB's unique flair.
    While Uncle Bill and Mr. French struggle to accept the fact that their dream lifestyle has taken this rather nightmarish turn, the children have their own adjustments to make. Six-year-olds Buffy (Sasha Pieterse) and Jody (Jimmy "Jax" Pinchak), along with their teenage sister Sissy (Caitlin Wachs, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood) find the move from small-town Indiana to New York City exhilarating and daunting at the same time....
    To finish the article or find out more, click the link above
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I haven't seen it yet. I remember the original, it was only ok.
    With Tim Curry in the cast , this one should be great.

ahhh, i loved the original. i had such a crush on brian keith when i was little!!

i tried to watch the new revamped family affair the other night and couldn't make it through it. i guess that happens when you age ohhhhhhh 27 years!

miamomma
    I was ambiguous towards this show.
    I so wanted to love it since I loved the original. I too had a crush on Brian Keith.
    I neither loved it or hated it. So, I'll give it one more shot to see if I can develop a feel for it.

+ Reply to Thread