+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Third Watch 02/06 - "Sleeping Dogs Lie"

02/06 - "Sleeping Dogs Lie"

THIRD WATCH
    SLEEPING DOGS LIE
    02-06-2004 10:00PM

KIM AND DOHERTY FORM NEW BOND JUST BEFORE HE DISAPPEARS IN INDUSTRIAL BLAZE -- As Kim (Kim Raver) and Doherty (Eddie Cibrian) re-cement their romantic relationship, she worries when Doherty is offered a promotion that requires him to work in a dangerous part of the city and is later trapped in a sweatshop inferno with a woman he had hoped to rescue. Meanwhile, Officer Monroe (Nia Long) again runs afoul of the intense Cruz (Tia Texada) when she tries to prevent the wrong man from confessing to a brutal murder -- an admission extracted under pressure by the defiant Cruz. Back at the station, Doc (Michael Beach) frets that a new captain (as Steeper, guest star Paul Michael Glaser) will close their station as he has repeatedly done before. Jason Wiles, Anthony Ruivivar, Coby Bell and Skipp Sudduth also star..

:mad:

Well, this certainly answers a lot of questions.

I don't know about the rest of you, but ugh this is all the writers could do for Doherty? Make him 'disappear?' (Ooooh! Aaaah! Grr!) PUH-LEAZE!

And so much for Cruz turning a new leaf, though I'm not really surprised. I hope Munroe kicks her off her high horse, I hope I hope I hope. Or maybe Bosco. Someone, please. She's really starting to irk me.

As for the 'house . . . Closing a station? Is that even possible? Maybe the new captain will just fire Doc. That'd work.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Closing a station is more than possible, it's happening in NYC right now!! Ripped from the headlines....

My TiVo didn't pick this one up as new - I need to check again (because obviously it is!)

Thanks John!

woo hoo Starsky as the captain.. or is that Hutch? LOL I was too young.
    I knew Cruz's attitude adjustment was too good to be true. I hope she gets caught this time. A crooked cop isn't just a cop who takes money/evidence.
    Yay something to do friday night
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Closing a station is more than possible, it's happening in NYC right now!!
    0_0 Whoa. I stand corrected.

After a (hopefully) good week back at college it'll be nice to sit down and enjoy this episode.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

It's time for Faith to come back. She's great at putting Bosco in his place.

Cruz was right; Bosco is a ladies'-man-wannabe. He just rushes to any female that needs his help -- and he's certainly still hooked on Cruz; why else would he say "I'll get right on it" after she 'asks' him to get Munroe to 'back off.'

Ugh, she should'ah been ditched long ago; in fact, everyone involved in that shooting probably should have. That's got corruption written all over it. I know it'd happen in LA sooner'r later.

At least Kim ditched Jimmy for good. That was just silly, attemptin' tah get them back together. There's a reason why parents divorce in the first place. And I'm glad to see Jimmy didn't 'buy it.' That would'ah been a cliche like nobody's business.

The montage/flashback at the end was nice. I do believe there was a clip from September Tenth, and I think we all know how I feel about those episodes.

For once, a Third Watch episode has left me somewhat angry. I hope it doesn't continue, but I have a feeling that it will, and that will be sad, because I may not want to be watching the program then.

Oh well, hopefully this new guy will fire Doc, and 'something' will happen to Cruz. I'll be happy then.

And what's with Bosco's mom at the end? That certainly doesn't look like the 'mom' I know from previous episodes.

So is Jimmy out of the show for good or what is goin on there? I was gettin pissed that they might kill him off when he was in the fire. Now I just hope they chill out Doc, his over the top anger is getting a little annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian105
    and he's certainly still hooked on Cruz; why else would he say "I'll get right on it" after she 'asks' him to get Munroe to 'back off.'
    I took this differently. You know how sarcastic Bosco is.. well I took it as him saying "yeah :rolleyes I'll get right on that :nono . Then he did infact say something to Monroe not because Cruz asked him to but because he was thinking the same thing. If Bosco didn't happen to agree with Cruz I don't think he would have said a word
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian105
    And what's with Bosco's mom at the end? That certainly doesn't look like the 'mom' I know from previous episodes.
    It's her Guardian, she's just not all bleached out, trying to look like she's 25 (and failing miserably)

Ok my turn!!
    I think I missed an epi. Who was the guy that came into the bar and talked to Bosco's mom? I know he wants revenge on Bosco but I'm not sure why.

(for a second I thought they were mixing two shows again, wasnt that guy a cop on NYPD blue?)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

A good point Duxxy, which makes sense. Bosco had been telling Munroe to back off of his own accord. As for the mother, I kindah thought that was the case, but oh-wow like you said, failed miserably. I do hope that was part of the story.

In any event, the guy who went into Bosco's mom's bar was probably either the mafia guy from the episode where we presumably explore "Bosco's people," or a henchman of his. I didn't manage to snag much of the dialogue there for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread