+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Corner Gas

My favorite bit from episode 3 was that after regaining his sense of smell, Davis decides maybe he was better off without it. So Oscar suggests he should get hit in the face with a ball, just like when he was a kid.

Davis: "That won't work."
    Oscar: "Why not?"
    Davis: "Because this isn't Gilligan's Island."

Did anybody else notice that in episodes 2 & 3 the end credits rolled too early and cut off the end of the show?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Jay
    Hmm, I didn't notice, Q. I'll have to pay attention next week.

Jay
    Lloyd Robertson's cameo was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Lloyd Robertson's cameo was pretty funny.
    Yeah, that was pretty good. I loved how everybody thought Brent was poor, and kept giving him stuff, and he just kept taking it.

The actress who plays Lacey is also on a show called "Alienated" which I think is filmed in B.C. Anybody else watch it? Another one of those obviously Canadian shows that just cracks me up. Especially the episode that featured George Takei from Star Trek.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

OK, maybe it was the wine, but I just about peed myself laughing at this week's episode. Wanda considering getting a tattoo, Oscar's tattoo dances when he's on all fours, Lacey's Ruby Club, and all the jay-walking trouble. Brent making Karen write herself a ticket. Oscar hiding behind the toaster.

Jay
    Anyone surprised that Davis zapped himself with his taser?

I'm only surprised that it took as long as it did.

Hank: I wanna be stunned.
    Karen: You're already there.

According to my TV guide, there was supposed to be a new episode on last night, but CTV aired a rerun. New ep should be on next week.

Jay - a while back I mentioned the very end of the show was getting cut off. I checked their website today, and it says all the episodes are 32 minutes long. Just a heads-up in case you're taping it.

Jay
    Yes, thank you, Q. I noticed it as well and I set the VCR for 35 minutes.

Jay - I don't know what cable system you're on - can you get The New VR from Barrie Ontario? (For me it's channel 20.) Tonight at 10:30 "STAR! Inside" is doing a behind-the-scenes look at Corner Gas. I've seen it before, and quite enjoyed it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast