+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Corner Gas

Jay
    Qboots, yes, episode 3 was shown last week.

averagejane, if you have the opportunity, try and watch the show. I think it is quite funny.

Rats. I turned to CTV at 8:00, when Corner Gas is supposed to be on, but there was some lame stand-up comedy show on instead. I meant to turn back at 9:00 in case they pushed it back an hour, but forgot.

Averagejane: I actually like Train 48. Given that it's all filmed and edited within a few hours, I think they do a pretty good job. And with all the American TV I watch, it's nice to see something from familiar territory.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Homer - are you still watching this? I swear it gets funnier every week. Tonight they had cameos from Pamela Wallin and the 4 judges from Canadian Idol. And later I realized that the actress who plays Brent's mother is also in the cast of Kingdom Hospital on ABC.

I missed episodes # 4 & 5 because the Ontario CTV changed it from Thursday nights to Wednesday nights, and it took me (and TV Guide) 2 weeks to figure that out. But the Comedy Network has also picked it up, so maybe I'll catch them in reruns.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    i've been watching corner gas too. it's always got a couple really great funny lines. small town life is so fun.

oh, i like train 48 as well, i think it's great they can film it the same day it airs. i love that they talk about current news.

Jay
    Hi Qboots, yes, I am still watching. I haven't missed a show yet. Pamela Wallin's appearance was great especially when she stole the chocolate bar.

Good news, Corner Gas has been renewed for a second season.

And along similar lines, the 4th season of Trailer Park Boys starts April 11 at 9:00 on Showcase. I can't wait!

Jay
    I hope Season 1 ends up on DVD later this year. I'll definitely buy it.

Jay
    Yahoo, season 2 begins tonight!

Thanks for bumping this thread Jay. I was going to go looking for it so I could bump it up for you. Is anybody watching Corner Gas besides the two of us?

I read a review in TV guide that said the first episode is hysterical, and the second one not so much. But that's just one guy's opinion - I bet I'll like both episodes.

Apparently Brent Butt has been going across Canada recently pumping gas to promote the show. Alas, I do not have a car.

Jay
    Hi Q! I had to dig deep before finding this thread. There is an article in today's paper. Here are a few upcoming episodes : how Dog River got its name, Hank as a goodwill ambassador for a visiting American tourist, a curling grudge (?!) between Brett and his father.

I don't know if you have seen the CTV promotion for the season 1 DVD coming out October 19. I'm gonna get it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast