+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBS sets out to ruin a good thing with CSI: New York

CBS sets out to ruin a good thing with CSI: New York

"CSI" Takes Manhattan

Fri Jan 16,10:45 PM ET
    By Sarah Hall

An imagined conversation from within the CBS boardroom: "Life at the top is good." "Sure is--why stop now?"

The Eye network is looking to expand its reign of ratings domination by adding a third edition of CSI to its roster.

The original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, set in Las Vegas, is the nation's most-watched show, averaging 26 million viewers per week. Spinoff CSI: Miami is no slouch either, holding down the number six slot in the weekly Nielsen ratings.

The two shows follow the work of police crime scene investigators who use only the most high-tech methods to crack tough cases.

In this long-anticipated third incarnation of the hit show, the crackerjack team of forensic sleuths will be going about their trade on a little island known as Manhattan.

The spinoff has been expected ever since CSI: Miami debuted in 2002 to sky-high ratings--however, the location of the newest member of the CSI family has remained a mystery until now.

CSI creator Anthony Zuicker will assume day-to-day supervision duty over this latest crime scene oeuvre. A threesome of heavy-hitters will produce the series: CBS Productions, Alliance Atlantis and explosion-master Jerry Bruckheimer.

Industry gossips have suggested that producers may be introducing a twist to set the third installment apart from the first two. CBS remained mum on the subject.

CSI: New York is scheduled to bow this fall, a network spokesman said Friday. CBS bossman Les Moonves was expected to make a formal announcement regarding the series on Saturday

I'm peeved about this, to put it mildly. CBS takes a good thing, and runs it into the ground until there's nothing decent left.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Ugh. Enough said.

but you'll still watch right?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

No, I won't watch the new one. Just like I don't watch CSI: Miami.

I wish they'd just make more episodes with the original cast.
    I can't stand CSI Miami.
    I can't bear the cast and I strongly doubt I'll bother with this version either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Crap, they're trying really hard to suck the life out of the original. I hate Miami, can't stand the cast.

Jay
    Is CSI trying to compete with Law and Order for the greatest number of franchises? I like the original CSI but don't watch CSI:Miami because I don't like David Caruso. I won't watch the new one either.

I dont like David Caruso either.. I watch CSI.M for the nerd factor not the actors. I really love all that high-tech crapola

ETA: weather I watch this show or not will depend on what time it airs and if I like what's happening. If it competes with another show that I watch .. forget it.. if it has another weird ass coroner that baby talks to dead bodies FORGET IT! As for Law and Order the original is the best, sometimes I'll catch SVU but the lead male actor in CI creeps me way out so I dont watch that show,
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

CBS can beat a dead horse under the ground!!! I don't watch Miami cause I think its just a blatant no-imagination copy of the true show just to fill an hour and I won't watch this one for the same reason.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast