+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CSI - "Butterflied" - 01/14 *Special Night

CSI - "Butterflied" - 01/14 *Special Night

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES A DOUBLE HOMICIDE WHERE
    ONE OF THE VICTIMS SHARES AN UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE TO SARA, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," ON A SPECIAL NIGHT
    AND TIME, WEDNESDAY, JAN. 14 AT 8:00 PM

"Butterflied" -- Grissom and his team work on a double homicide investigation where the victim has eerie similarities to Sara, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, on a special night and time, Wednesday, Jan. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Richard Lewis directed the episode from a script by David Rambo.

Grissom becomes obsessed with a victim, a woman found murdered in her home who looks just like Sara. The team then finds the disarticulated remains of their prime suspect in multiple garage cans in the area, presenting them with a double homicide that appears to be the perfect crime until the team discovers an unlikely piece of evidence left behind at the crime scene.

Gil Grissom William Petersen
    Catherine Willows Marg Helgenberger
    Captain Jim Brass Paul Guilfoyle
    Nick Stokes George Eads
    Warrick Brown Gary Dourdan
    Sara Sidle Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins Robert David Hall
    David Phillips David Berman
    Debbie Marlin Erinn Carter
    Kelly McNeil Tinsley Holloway Grimes
    Jeff Pike Rich Hutchman
    Dr. Vincent Lurie Kyle Secor
    Jacqui Franco Romy Rosemont
    Dr. Mulligan Jeff Sugarman
    Dr. Tripton Josh Stamberg
    Dr. Michael Clarke Michael Dietz
    Adam Matthews James Patrick Stewart

RATING: TV14-SV
    (ADVISORY: DUE TO ADULT CONTENT, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.)

ohhhhhhhhh duh-duh-dahhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Sounds great!! I cant wait
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie

butterflied

I just want to say that Im new to the panel but I saw butterflied last night and it was incredible. The last 5 minuites of Grissams speech brought me to tears. And thank god Sara got to hear it all - God please let them get together this season and let this have woke him up to how he feels for her.

Ugh, hate to disagree, but that speech was awful and so not Grissom. I can understand how he'd be shaken to see a vic that looked like Sara, but he had a closer relationship romantically speaking with Mistress Heather and with the skull woman. I never got any spark at all from him regarding Sara, as much as she's been chasing him.

I know he was exhausted and probably annoyed as heck that he couldn't prove that doctor did it, but for him to make a speech like that, knowing (because Grissom isn't stupid, he knows the two-way glass is there) that anyone could be listening in....it was just totally not like him at all. He said things that made it sound like his not being with Sara had to do with his own fear, when in reality, it would have more to do with him not dating an employee and not mixing up his personal life with work. That's what he's said in the past and he never ever gave any indication that he had these hidden feelings.

It felt to me more like the writers needed a way to finally wrap up the Grissom/Sara romance storyline, and this was how they chose to kill it - they've been dancing around it for several episodes now and it was time to either put them together or end it. She'll never come after him again now and as he said, it's too late for him to choose differently. So I doubt highly that they'll be getting together, which I can only hope the writers stick to.

The only pairing on that show that has potential heat is Warrick/Catherine and I don't even want them to do that. What makes this show better is that there aren't all these forced sexual relationships between colleagues, it's about the crime and the work and we get glimpses of their personal lives, but it's not the focus of the show.

Sorry to be so vehement about it all, but I've been pulling my hair out figuratively ever since the writers started to try and convince us that Grissom and Sara were attracted to each other.

I didn't think this speech was true to Grissom's character, either. It was a great scene, and of course fantastically played by WP, but something about it just felt "off" to me. I've just never seen or felt a "spark" between Gil and Sara, and I totally agree that the contents of the monologue, and his whole way of handling it, were "so not him".

[QUOTE=pink_princess]....................and I don't even want them to do that. What makes this show better is that there aren't all these forced sexual relationships between colleagues, it's about the crime and the work and we get glimpses of their personal lives, but it's not the focus of the show./QUOTE]

Amen. That's why I like it too. Same thing with Law & Order: SVU. Just keep it to the crime and how they solve it.

Great episode. That sicko doctor guy was pretty slick. I loved the across-the-street neighbor, too. And, of course, Brass. He's hysterical.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread