+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 01/16 - "Black & Blue"

01/16 - "Black & Blue"

THIRD WATCH
    BLACK & BLUE
    01-16-2004 10:00PM

PARANOID PUBLIC RECOILS AS REAL POLICE SEEK MURDEROUS BOGUS COPS -- The police of the 55th Precinct are on edge when one woman is murdered and another sexually assaulted by men dressed as cops. As the crime spree continues, the frightened public becomes suspicious of the real officers as paranoia creeps in -- and even veterans such as Sully (Skipp Sudduth) must keep an eye on unrecognized brothers in uniform. Elsewhere, Kim (Kim Raver) and the newly reformed Firefighter Doherty (Eddie Cibrian) agree to keep their rekindled romance under wraps while Officer Monroe (Nia Long) takes pity on a lonely young boy (guest star Jake Cherry) who witnessed his mother's attack. Jason Wiles, Anthony Ruivivar, Tia Texada and Michael Beach also star.

Ooh, sounds like this is gonna be a good one. And now that I'm home, I'll be able to see it without problems! Whoo-hoo! Oh thank the Lord for returning my family home safely!

Man it's so great to be home, able to visit this place with the comfortable SPEED of my DSL (forget what people say about cable; it's stinkers. I just had to suffer a week of it), see my fellow TWits in the comfort of my jammies and my own computer room in my own house!

Hem. Do pardon my outburst. It was tough getting back home from vacation in Jersey, so I'm quite happy to be home now.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Welcome home Guardian.

I think I watch too many cop shows. I saw this same scenario play out on 10-8 about a month ago.
    The impersonators were part of a gang.. they were all shot by the rookie cop and his partner.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Duxxy - I'm cracking up because I just saw this scenario on Without a Trace (I think? - I definitely watch too many cop dramas).

2 guys posed as cops and robbed a bank. One was an ex-Con and one was a wannabe.

Anyway, sounds like a good TW

and Guardian - Jersey's not so bad!

Many, MANY thanks Duxxy. Man it's so great to be home.

Apologies if it seemed I was dissing Jersey for lack of a better term marybeth. Far from it. I have family there, so it's already spiffy in my book. The vacation itself was great; getting back, now therein lied the trouble. Just gottah love those "bad weather delays," eh?

Admittedly, this does seem like either a "tried-and-true" or "used-too-many-times-already" episode, but-hey man, any lack of creativity/repetition of other shows probably won't matter to me this time around; I'll still be quite happy to be home in the first place so I can watch the show I think.

I can't actually remember ever watching a show that did an idea similar to this, but I don't doubt it's been done, as can obviously be seen by your two reports, marybeth and Duxxy. The only episode I can remember watching that comes close to something like this is a Criminal Intent episode, but the antagonist was merely a dirty cop.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Duxxy - I'm cracking up because I just saw this scenario on Without a Trace (I think? - I definitely watch too many cop dramas).

2 guys posed as cops and robbed a bank. One was an ex-Con and one was a wannabe.
    It was on Boomtown where they did this idea in late December. The guy who was in the academy was killed while pulling over a car who was speeding. He had a stolen cop car to pull him over in. The guy in the car had a kidnapped woman in the back and shot him. I am pretty sure that is the episode you are thinking of.

Rarely does a television show actually scare me . . . No, I lie. Cold Case's recent episode scared the pants off me in the end; the situation suggested triggered me waay too much.

Third Watch rarely scares me, that's what it is. I love the show too much to be scared by it.

But this . . .

I was freakin' out by the end. The commercials made it seem like Kim was gonna buy it; I suppose some of you wouldn't be all that upset were such to happen (), buuut . . . She's got the kid, and she 'n' Jimmy're gettin' back together. Bad marketing move if she bought it. An' really -- whiny as her Character may be, ever since poor Jar Jar 'ruined' Star Wars I've learned I gottah look at it from the POV of the actor/actress. Maybe they really are whiny and 'bratty,' --- but I don't know that. What I don't know can't hurt me -- most of the time.

I nearly cried for that poor family that lost its wife/mother. And the kid! Wow! I wanted to jump into the television and squeeze him and envelop him in some protective cocoon so that he wouldn't be sad anymore.

Uhh . . . Maybe not that dramatic, but I was thinkin' of ways to catch those guys on my own -- storywise, that is. I know I've alluded to writings stories before in some now-dead thread or somethin' . . .

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Nia Long, as always, had my heart. I hope she sticks with the Third Watch crew for a loong time. It's those people you wanna meet, either as the actress or as the actual cop. Cruz wasn't too bad either. I liked how Texada protrayed (sp?) Cruz as being somewhat out-of-place in the playground/park.

Otherwise . . . I can't say much about the "rest of the crew." We didn't see a whole lot of them. I was surprised 'they' paired Munroe and Cruz, instead of it being Bosco and Munroe as it usually is. I guess it is implied that he was working with Anti-Crime.

Raver was great playing the freaked-out-girl-running-for-her-life. And thank goodness Jimmy gave her the mace! As soon as she took it I knew she would use it and save her butt.

The one --- 'elderly woman' --- she didn't seem too 'scared' while she was in the car trying to get away from Sully and Munroe. She seemed to have a kindah "In yo' face mo'foz!" (do pardon my language) expression about her. But that's just me. Maybe I misread.

If this wasn't an attention grabber for more viewers I don'know what is. That shoot-out at the end had better have attracted some 18-34 males; and who couldn't like a gutsy gal with a gun? Cruz'll hopefully get some more viewers too if she hasn't already . . . Hmm . . . Cruz gets the males, Munroe gets the females or the families . . . Or am I generalizing?

LG.
    I thought that the shoot-out at the end of the episode was OTT. Didn't Bosco, Cruz, Ty and Sully all see the one fake cop shoot the other one? Why was Bosco unsure as to whether the fake cop was really a real cop when he was asking for help for his "partner" esp. after Bosco and Cruz were the ones who "caught" Kim and she told them that they were the guys. Ack, run Kim run, that was creepy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG, when you say OTT are you saying 'Over-The-Top?' If so, I agree wholeheartedly. Being 'veteran TWits' as we are, such things will undoubtedly make us either chuckle or roll our eyes in slight amusement. But-hey, whatever gets new viewers I suppose.

As for the bad cop shooting his 'partner,' I don't think our beloved Characters saw it. We as viewers sure did, but 'they' made a point of not showing us Bosco et al so, like them, we could still maintain that small amount of "Ohmigosh, are these really the guys?"

Admittedly, that whole "When's your next forty-six?" on Bosco's part was pretty neat. "Done-before," I'm sure, but neat.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    It was on Boomtown where they did this idea in late December. The guy who was in the academy was killed while pulling over a car who was speeding. He had a stolen cop car to pull him over in. The guy in the car had a kidnapped woman in the back and shot him. I am pretty sure that is the episode you are thinking of.
    YUP! That was it - I knew I watched too many cop dramas. That was a good show (and episode!)

I finally watched this TW today. As far as this episode, I totally agree that the shootout was ridiculously OTT. You have 4 cops and not ONE of them hits? At that close range? They need to go back to the range.

Good call on Bosco for asking him about the "46" which, unless you were a cop, you wouldn't know that 46 meant vacation time.

Now, with Jimmy leaving (he is leaving, right?) why are they starting him back up with Kim? Although I do find them cute together.

Still enjoy this show, but all the breaks and repeats are getting to me. I'm ready for a few weeks in a row of first runs....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast