+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michael J. Fox to guest-star on "Scrubs" for 2 episodes

Michael J. Fox to guest-star on "Scrubs" for 2 episodes

MICHAEL J. FOX RETURNS TO SERIES TELEVISION TO GUEST STAR ON NBC'S HIT THURSDAY NIGHT COMEDY 'SCRUBS'

BURBANK, Calif. - January 5, 2004 -- This February, Michael J. Fox, one of television's most beloved stars, will return to series television to guest star in two episodes of NBC's hit Thursday night comedy "Scrubs" (9:30-10:00 pm ET/PT).

In the episodes, Fox will play a surgical doctor who suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but has found a way to use his idiosyncrasy to his advantage. His appearance on the show will also mark the creative reunion of the star and "Spin City" creator and "Scrubs" executive producer Bill Lawrence.

"I feel like the luckiest guy in the world," said Lawrence. "To get to work with Michael once is any comedy writer's dream, but to have that opportunity twice is truly an honor. His presence gives great credibility to the show." Adding, "I haven't seen the cast this giddy since we got the news the show had been picked up."

Fox, who rose to stardom as the precocious Alex P. Keaton on NBC's "Family Ties," has created many memorable characters in his over twenty year career. Following "Family Ties," a role which earned him three Emmy awards and a Golden Globe, Fox went on to star in numerous feature films including the "Back to the Future" series, "Teen Wolf," "Secret of My Success," "For Love or Money," "Doc Hollywood," "The American President" and Woody Allen's television movie "Don't Drink the Water." He then returned to series television to executive produce and star on the television series "Spin City" as Deputy Mayor Michael Flaherty again earning numerous honors including three Golden Globes, two SAG awards and an Emmy for Best Actor. Most recently he lent his voice to the title character in the highly successful animated features "Stuart Little" and "Stuart Little 2".

In addition to his ongoing career in entertainment, Fox has spent a majority of his time over the last few years establishing the Michael J. Fox Foundation dedicated to fundraising and lobbying for genetic research to assist people suffering from Parkinson's disease. He has also honed his skills as a director helming a memorable episode of "Tales from the Crypt" and an episode of "Brooklyn Bridge." His autobiography, "Lucky Man," earned a spot on the New York Times best-seller list for several weeks last year.

"Scrubs," winner of the Humanitas Prize in 2002, focuses on the bizarre experiences of fresh-faced medical resident John "J.D." Dorian as he embarks on his career in a surreal hospital crammed full of unpredictable staffers and patients - where humor and tragedy often cross paths.

"Scrubs" finished its second season as television's third highest rated comedy among adults 18-49, averaging a 7.9 rating, 20 share, and is among the top-15 series in total viewers, with an average of 15.9 million viewers per week. In one of the most challenging time periods on the schedule, "Scrubs" was up 40 percent over last season in total viewers and won the slot among adults, men and women 18-34.

"Scrubs" is produced by Touchstone Television. Bill Lawrence ("Spin City") is the executive producer and creator.

I like Micheal J. Fox
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Jay
    I saw the episode last night. MJF was great.

It was an interesting show last night.

FORT Fogey
    Didn't see the episode, but Michael J Fox is my hero. I just love him. I don't know but something about Back to the Future just made me love him.

I forgot to post in here, but I loved the second MJF episode of Scrubs.

The whole "epiphany toilet" was hilarious.

I wasn't too impressed with these 2 episodes.

That being said, this last Tuesday nights episode (2/24/04) with Brendan Fraser was simply incredible. Most of the people that I have chatted with, did not see that ending happening. It is one of the best written episodes of a sitcom ever. They were able to keep it funny thru the first half and then sad for the second half, but then that ending just took your breath away and it left me with tears in my eyes. I will miss Brendan Fraser's character.

This is still one of the 2 best comedies on right now, the other being Arrested Development.

Chris

Of course I forgot to tape the first half because of 24 and only got the sad part This is one of the better sitcoms out there right now, I can see why John stopped watchin 24 for Scrubs.

+ Reply to Thread