+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 01/08 - "Touch and Go"

01/08 - "Touch and Go"

ER
    TOUCH AND GO
    01-08-2004 9:59PM

DR. CARTER RETURNS FROM AFRICA FULL OF SURPRISES INCLUDING A NEW LOVE; THANDIE NEWTON GUEST-STARS -- The return of Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) from Africa prompts various reactions, especially when he is accompanied by his new love Makemba (guest star Thandie Newton, "Mission: Impossible 2") -- and Carter has other surprises in store -- while Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) squares off against Dr. Gallant (Sharif Atkins) over a personal matter. A busy Pratt also finds time to treat a young victim of a car accident whose case is complicated by a rare form of osteoporosis and takes an interest in an elderly woman suffering from dementia who believes he is her son. In addition, a whole nursing shift cannot go home until they find one missing valium pill. Elsewhere, Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) informs Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) about his departure date and Carter deals with a malnourished woman and her equally famished family. Alex Kingston, Maura Tierney, Parminder Nagra and Linda Cardellini also star.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Can't wait to see what Abby thinks about Carter's new squeeze
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

And I was shocked that Carter's woman is pregnant. I don't really see where they're gonna take that storyline. I'm excited that all the shows are coming back on. I miss having something decent to watch!

Unless Noah wants out of his contract and he decides to return to Africa with his girlfriend and their baby.

I'm glad we're getting a new episode.

I think he signed on for another season yet, but I'm glad that whole Abby-Carter relationship is over.. they didn't seem to click that well..

But just happy there's finally a new eppy

Yawn...besides Pratt paralyzing a patient I thought the whole thing was totally underwhelming.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Jay
    How is the Carter/Makemba story line going to be resolved? Wyle has agreed to stay with the show but Thandie Newton has signed on only for a few episodes. Does she leave but Carter doesn't? Can't see that happening. Uh oh, doesn't look good for Makemba, I see an accident or death in the near future.

FORT Regular

Maybe the baby is not Carter's - easy fix

I also see death/accident to kill off the Carter new story line. I think they'll have her have a baby, then she'll threaten to go back to the Congo with the baby. Carter will feel torn about going to the Congo permanently (it was a nice vacation from reality) and just as it seems impossible - he'll figure out it is NOT his baby. Remember Abby comments "What? Did she get pregnant the moment she met Carter?"

Hubby also thinks the woman is a gold digger for her AIDS program. She didn't give Carter the time of day until she found out how much cash he had... he thinks that she got pregnant on purpose.

Annika

Jay
    Not Carter's baby, hmm, interesting. I can't remember what was Luka's reaction when he saw Carter and Makemba. Did Luka meet Makemba before Carter went to Africa? If so, what if Luka is the father?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    Not Carter's baby, hmm, interesting. I can't remember what was Luka's reaction when he saw Carter and Makemba. Did Luka meet Makemba before Carter went to Africa? If so, what if Luka is the father?
    Nope Luca said he'd never met her. Actually he said "oh, she must have got by me" with that devilish grin of his.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast