+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oliver Beene is back on Fox (02/08)

Oliver Beene is back on Fox (02/08)

THE BEENES ARE BACK ON FOX! "OLIVER BEENE" SEASON PREMIERE SUNDAY, FEB. 8

Special Sneak Preview Wednesday, Feb. 4, after America is Introduced to the Semi-Finalists on the New Season of "AMERICAN IDOL"

FOX has announced the season premiere of OLIVER BEENE on Sunday, Feb. 8 (7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT).

Viewers will get a chance to see a sneak preview of OLIVER BEENE following America's introduction to the newest group of AMERICAN IDOL semi-finalists on Wednesday, Feb. 4 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT).

OLIVER BEENE is a timeless half-hour comedy series that revolves around 11-year-old Oliver Beene and his family during the Kennedy-era '60s.

The series stars Grant Rosenmeyer as Oliver Beene. His eccentric family is headed by Grant Shaud as Oliver's high-strung dentist-father, Jerry; Wendy Makkena plays his Jackie Kennedy-idolizing mother, Charlotte; and Andrew Lawrence portrays his sports-fanatic brother, Ted. Rounding out the cast is Taylor Emerson, who portrays Oliver's fabulous friend Michael, and Daveigh Chase, who plays Joyce, Oliver's desk-mate since the third grade.

Set against the backdrop of Rego Park, Queens, OLIVER BEENE uses a unique combination of flashbacks and flash-forwards to vividly re-create the Kennedy-era '60s. Narrated by a wickedly wry adult Oliver (David Cross), this timeless series depicts the often hilarious trials and sometimes outrageous tribulations of a kid growing up.

OLIVER BEENE is a DreamWorks Television production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Howard Gewirtz and Steven Levitan are executive producers.

My husband and I were just wondering what happened to this show the other night. We kinda like it. Pretty funny.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I didn't care for it at all. It'll be something I have to try to avoid on Sunday nights on Fox, since I usually watch or tape almost everything else on it. KotH, Simpsons, Arrested Development, Bernie Mac, etc.

WHY?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Apparently we were the only ones that kinda liked it. That being said, we didn't notice when they stopped showing it, so we must not have missed it too much I did think it was cute, but I hope they aren't planning on replacing any of the shows that are currently on Fox Sunday night with it because I really like most of them.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Jay
    I'll watch it when it returns. I thought the show was kinda cute.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    I'll watch it when it returns. I thought the show was kinda cute.
    Well, at least now I can be comforted by the fact that I'm not the only one who kinda liked it

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Sorry <b>stargazer</b>, we are usually aligned when it comes to shows/thoughts/humor... but my friend.. I <b>can't stand this show</b>. Very bad acting, and it's too "Wonder Yearish" to me.. the kid even talks to himself.

We even tried to watch it. It was one of those shows that got us angry..so we didn't try too many times.

Honestly..they shouldn't bring it back at all.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I thought it was an OK watch-Ill watch it when it comes back

FORT Fogey
    Oh No!!!! What am I going to do! I HATED this show, almost as much as I hated The Pitts (which was on for all of 2 episodes, thank goodness) This was not funny at all IMHO. I don't like a single actor on this show, Oliver gets on my nerves, and his brother was on some Disney show I can't put my finger on and its been driving me crazy.
    I agree Maveno, it is indeed very Wonder Year-ish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast