+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oprah, Letterman lead 2003 poll of favorite TV personalities

Leo
    Premium Member

Oprah, Letterman lead 2003 poll of favorite TV personalities

Oprah Keeps Favorite TV Personality Title
    Harris Interactve Poll Names Talk Show Host Oprah Winfrey the Most Popular TV Figure Again

LOS ANGELES Dec. 25 ? Oprah Winfrey retained her title this year as America's favorite TV personality, according to a recent poll.

The Harris Interactive poll, released Wednesday, named the talk show host the most popular TV figure for the second year in a row. She also won in 1998 and 2000.

Since the poll began in 1993, Winfrey has consistently held one of the top three spots.

David Letterman took second place this year, followed by Bill O'Reilly, Ray Romano and Jay Leno.

Other celebrities to make the top 10 were Dr. Phil McGraw and "Daily Show" host John Stewart, who tied for sixth place.

William Petersen, of the drama series "CSI," came in eighth while Whoopi Goldberg finished ninth.

Jennifer Aniston, Ellen DeGeneres and Martin Sheen tied for 10th place.

The Harris Poll was conducted online with 2,376 adults in the United States from Nov. 17 to Nov. 23.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Sorry everyone...but I can't stand Oprah. She comes across as really phony to me.

Ellen, on the other hand..I find more pleasing to watch. Maybe cause I'm more into the humor and fun talk rather than the blabbering, crying, must always feel-good talks with Oprah.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread