+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jason Priestley to join "Tru Calling" for 7 episodes

Jason Priestley to join "Tru Calling" for 7 episodes

JASON PRIESTLEY TO JOIN FOX'S 'TRU CALLING' FOR 7 EPISODES IN 2004

Actor/director Jason Priestley ("Beverly Hills 90210") will join the drama series TRU CALLING for seven episodes in early 2004. TRU CALLING, which was recently picked up for a full season, airs Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

In the series, Eliza Dushku ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") stars as Tru Davies, a morgue attendant who has the ability to relive days and thereby tries to prevent untimely deaths.

Priestley, a native of Vancouver, will return home to begin shooting on Jan. 6. He will play Jack Harper, a new forensic attendant who will work alongside Tru. Charismatic and affable on the surface, Jack carries a dark secret that may impede Tru's ability to save those who die before their time.

This fall, Priestley received rave reviews for his performance in "Die Mommie Die!," a tongue-in-cheek homage to "women's pictures" of the 1960s, opposite Charles Busch. This black comedy premiered to great acclaim at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival and won the Special Jury Prize. Priestley also finished production on the romantic comedy "I Want to Marry Ryan Banks," which will premiere on television Jan. 16.

Priestley directed and produced the critically acclaimed documentary for the Canadian rock band, The Barenaked Ladies, titled "Barenaked in America." The documentary, which premiered at the 2000 Toronto Film Festival and The Slamdance Film Festival, was released by The Shooting Gallery in 2000. He also directed their video, "The Old Apartment," which garnered a Best Director nomination for Priestley at the 1996 Canadian Music Video Awards. His other directing credits include episodes of "The Outer Limits," "Grosse Pointe," "Beverly Hills 90210" and the FOX thriller "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye."

In addition to his Golden Globe-nominated starring role on "Beverly Hills 90210," Priestley's long list of credits includes the movies "Cover Story," "The Fourth Angel," "Love and Death on Long Island," "Cherish" and "Eye of the Beholder." He has also made guest appearances on "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" and "Spin City."

TRU CALLING is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Original Film and was created by executive producer/writer Jon Harmon Feldman ("Dawson's Creek," "American Dreams"). Marty Adelstein (FOX's "Still Life"), Neal Moritz ("The Fast And The Furious," "I Know What You Did Last Summer"), Dawn Parouse ("Still Life," "Fear") and R. W. (Bob) Goodwin ("The X-Files," "The Fugitive") are also executive producers.

Hmmmm...should be interesting. I wonder if he's a potential love interest. I sure hope not though. I think Luke and Tru are great together.

Dark secret??? They need to give more info on that!

This sounds really good, can't wait.

i'm actually really liking this show. and i like jason priestly just fine. i hope he makes a good addition!

speaking of Jason Priestly, doesn't he have some show coming out that is supposed to mock those bach/bachrette shows...

I hadn't heard. The last I heard of Jason was when he had his IRL accident, and broke his legs.

Hmmmm...do you mean the one called I Want To Marry Ryan Banks? Bradley Cooper from Alias and Emma Caulfield from Buffy are both in it too.

IMDB Info

I can't wait for him to be in it! Just another reason to love Tru Calling even more.
    Jason Priestley is totally HOT!
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

+ Reply to Thread