+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fox to air "Grow Up With Malcolm" mini-marathon on 12/29

Fox to air "Grow Up With Malcolm" mini-marathon on 12/29

GROW UP WITH 'MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE' SPECIAL MARATHON MONDAY, DEC. 29, ON FOX

From discovering he has a genius IQ to dating girls, driving cars and getting jobs, the viewing audience has watched Malcolm and his hilarious family grow up over the last five years. In celebration of MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE, on Monday, Dec. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), FOX will broadcast a special "Grow-up With Malcolm" mini-marathon by airing an episode from each of the previous four seasons.

The "Grow Up With Malcolm" night begins with the critically acclaimed pilot episode at 8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT. MALCOLM (Frankie Muniz) and his colorful family, including his frazzled parents HAL (Bryan Cranston) and LOIS (Jane Kaczmarek) and his squabbling brothers FRANCIS (Christopher Masterson), REESE (Justin Berfield) and DEWEY (Erik Per Sullivan), discover Malcolm has a genius IQ of 165. Already completely opposite from his family, young Malcolm is sent to a special "smart" class, which ostracizes him from his other classmates.

In "Traffic Jam" (season two) 8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT, Malcolm and his family are on their way home from a disastrous day at the water park, only to find themselves stuck in the middle of an all-day traffic jam. To kill the time, Malcolm befriends a cute girl, Reese hijacks an ice cream truck, Hal contemplates his existence and, as usual, Lois takes matters into her own hands.

Dewey secretly adopts a huge dog in "Dewey's Dog" (season three), 9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT. When Malcolm and Reese discover the pet, they anxiously await the best time to reveal the news to Hal and Lois. However, Dewey turns the tables on the boys by training the dog to protect him and attack Malcolm and Reese on command. Thus, Malcolm and Reese are held hostage under the dog's watchful eye and are made to pay for years of torturing Dewey.

Rounding out the night, "Zoo" (season four), 9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT, finds Lois dragging the gang to the zoo after she is given tickets by one of her old boyfriends who happens to be a zookeeper. Once there, the boys split from their parents and the pandemonium begins. Reese, on his own, torments the zoo animals and now has a goat stalking him for revenge. Malcolm, who has been complaining since before they left the house, is paired with Dewey as his punishment.

Meanwhile, Francis and his new wife, Piama, have left Alaska and are down to their very last dollar when they befriend a German couple Otto and Gretchen who own a dude ranch and are looking for a young man with a strong back.

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE is a Regency Television production created and executive-produced by Linwood Boomer. Gary Murphy, Neil Thompson, Michael Glouberman, Andrew Orenstein, Alex Reid and Rob Ulin serve as co-executive producers.

An excellent opportunity for people who have never seen this show!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I can think of so many better episodes to highlight than the ones FOX has chosen!

My personal favorite episode was the one where Francis spent Christmas with Lois' evil mother. I was pissing myself silly on that one!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Yeah, my couple of favs aren't here either, but I expect the producers picked episodes that highlighted the individual personalities of the family members so we could see how they've progressed (or not!) through the years.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread