+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8:00pm - 9:00pm Hour #8

8:00pm - 9:00pm Hour #8

"Day 3: 8:00PM - 9:00PM", Episode #308.
    President Palmer comes down hard on Jack and Tony when he learns he was being kept in the dark on matters of national security.

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland, Elisha Cuthbert, Dennis Haysbert, Carlos Bernard, Reiko Aylesworth, James Badge Dale, D.B. Woodside, Vincent Laresca, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Joaquim de Almeida, Wendy Crewson, Vanessa Ferlito, Jesse Borrego, Zachray Quinto, Conor O'Farrell, Miguel Najera.
    Producer(s): Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, Brian Grazer, Howard Gordon.

Original Airdate: December 16, 2003.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Ummmmm, excuse my ignorance. Last night the President's brother was talking about Sherry, and I've heard people mention her before. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of who she is?

I swear I'm gonna rent season 1 and 2 after the holidays!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Ummmmm, excuse my ignorance. Last night the President's brother was talking about Sherry, and I've heard people mention her before. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of who she is?

I swear I'm gonna rent season 1 and 2 after the holidays!
    Sherry is the the evil ex-wife of David Palmer. They were still married in the first season before she turned out to be EVIL. I hate that woman! But I have a feeling she will be rearing her ugly head again before too long...

You may be able to find some good background information at the website if you are interested. But I definitely recommend the first two seasons.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Jay
    Is this the end for Ann (Wendy Crewson)? If so, it was a pretty lame story line.

um, how did Jack know the gun wasn't loaded?

was he willing to kill Chase to prove he was on the Salzar's side?

and yes the whole president & brother storyline get lamer and more annoying every week; i wish they would just kill all of em

Chloe didn't have a single line in this episode but still annoyed me just by being in the shot looking weird during the phone call from Tony to Palmer

My guess is that Jack didn't know the gun wasn't loaded and WAS prepared to off Chase. But the show wimped out with the unloaded gun. On every other show on TV you know that the main characters are never in any real danger. In the first two seasons of 24 I believed everyone was fair game, including Jack. The show seems to have gotten soft. Hopefully it's temporary. I mean, Tony gets shot in the neck but later the same day is walking around with a bandaid on it. OK - rant over. I'm totally hoping for some hot 'n heavy action between Jack and Claudia. Even protectors of the free world need some RNR every now and then.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Okay, I missed the last 10 minutes, dangit, and I'm lost.

Can someone give me a run-down of everything that happened after Chase's car is surrounded?

THANKS!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Okay, I missed the last 10 minutes, dangit, and I'm lost.

Can someone give me a run-down of everything that happened after Chase's car is surrounded?

THANKS!
    Can't remember exactly where that scene was.

- Anne comes to see the president. Palmer says how sorry he is. Palmer's bro says 'Are those the letters?' without acknowledging Anne's trauma. Palmer's bro looks at letters and says good... once authenticated, can publish them, and prez will be off the hook. He then says to Anne "I'm sorry about what you have gone through. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help" and leaves the room. Anne says she has to break up with Palmer. Palmer asks why and Anne says she cannot live in his world. Palmer is the most decent man she has ever met. Not temporarily stop seeing each other, but permanent breakup. Palmer is distraught. Anne leaves.

- Chase was captured by Hector's men, and is brought to the house. Ramon says "I told you so, Bauer cannot be trusted. There are others on their way". Jack says - No, I don't know why he is here. When Chase finds out Bauer is working with the Salazar's, he attacks Jack and bangs his watch against the wall. Ramon says to prove his loyalty, Jack must kill Chase. Hector says nothing. Jack says Chase would be better as a hostage to get information from. Ramon says enough games... kill him. Jack takes gun provided for Ramon, and points it at Chase's head. 'You shouldn't have come here Chase'. Chase spits in Jack's face. Click. No bullets. Ramon laughs and says good... you are right, we should keep him to get information in case there are others. All of them leave to a safehouse to await the call from the Ukraines. Jack tells Chase to shut up in the car if he wants to get through this, and checks his broken watch.

- Gael runs into Tony's office and says he lost the tracking signal for Jack. He tried reset, but it doesn't work. Tony says, without it, all the SWAT teams will not know where to go!!!! END SHOW.

Thanks, gc! I caught the Palmer storyline, but missed all the rest. I appreciate the run-down.

Oh, I think Jack KNEW the gun was unloaded. He is a weapons expert...he knows if a gun is light/without bullets. Sure there may have been 1 in the chamber, but its a calculated risk he had to take in order to get the virus. But it played out in his favor. And Chase's
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast