+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CSI - "Eleven Angry Jurors" - 01/08

CSI - "Eleven Angry Jurors" - 01/08

GRISSOM AND THE TEAM INVESTIGATE THE DEATH OF A JUROR DURING JURY DELIBERATIONS ON A MURDER TRIAL,
    ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, JAN. 8 AT 9:00 PM

"Eleven Angry Jurors" -- The CSI team investigates the death a juror found dead in a closed-door jury room, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION Thursday, Jan. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Matt Earl Beesley directed the episode from a script by Josh Berman and Andrew Lipsitz.

The team learns that while a group of jurors deliberated behind closed doors, one of them is found murdered, leaving 11 suspects. As they investigate the death they discover that this juror was the only one holding out on a non-guilty verdict, prolonging the trial and leaving 11 jurors with motive. Meanwhile, Nick looks for new evidence in an old murder case that is reopened after receiving new information from the eyewitness.

I remember that one Pircab.. they all did it.

I haven't seen this episode yet so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the baliff did it
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thank goodness for CSI and Alias...tv drama's at their best!

I liked this one, kept me from having to watch DaDonald
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

<sniff>

I knew my Nicky would get it. No one who looks that good in a ribbed turtleneck should be passed over by someone with a 2-yr. pregnancy paunch.

Seriously, I knew the way Grissom was riding Nick during the ep that he was leaning towards him. Despite how much garbage he puts up with from Warrick and the weirdness with Sara, it always seems like Griss has more paternal fondness for Nicky and a kind of admiration for the way he does the job with his whole heart.

So, I missed this episode. Nick got the promotion? Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    So, I missed this episode. Nick got the promotion? Awesome.
    I was trying to be oblique in case anyone hadn't seen it and wouldn't want to be spoiled.

Nick was working a case Grissom had closed a couple of years earlier because a witness (pretty girl) had come forward with details pointing back to the main suspect. The sort of overview feeling about it was that Nick reopened the case on iffy information because he was emotionally pulled into it by the witness - and Grissom was not all that pleased about it, but he let him.

Nick gets tenacious and handles lots of power tools, follows his nose and it turns out the pretty girl witness was the killer.

Midway through the show, one of the tech boys (new to me, supposedly filling in for that freaky CSI that drives Grissom so crazy) tells Nick that everyone's talking about Sara getting the promotion and how everyone thinks Nick deserved it. Nick was ticked off, but never said anything to Grissom, just went about his job.

Anyway, fast forward to the end, Grissom asks Nick if he thought Griss was wrong to close the case years ago; Nick says he wasn't wrong, but he honestly felt that basing his decision to close the case purely on the evidence and not on gut/emotion was premature and that he thought it should have been pursued farther. He rather vehemently said that he knew he got a lot of flack for being too sympathetic and too emotionally involved, but that that's how he was and he wasn't going to be any different. If that meant no promotion, then that was fine, he could live with that. There was some comment made about Nick not being like Gil that Grissom responded to by saying, "We certainly don't need another one of me around."

Grissom didn't seem angry or anything during the conversation, just calm and very Zen-like (seemed like he was holding back a smile or at least holding back some affectionate pride, to me). When Nick left the office, Griss sat down at his laptop and started to finish the letter he was working on, addressed to his boss...recommending that Nick be promoted.

It was nice.

I felt that at the beginning that Grissom was annoyed that there was a chance he screwed up and closed a case early. And that Nick didn't ask him before opening it back up or for his assistance in it when he did open it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Pretty good episode. Great ending.

Wonderful episode with one of the best lines ever delivered in CSI. "So that settles it. It was an outside job."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread