+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 - "The Spirit"

12/12 - "The Spirit"

THIRD WATCH
    THE SPIRIT
    12-12-2003 10:00PM

CHRISTMAS BRINGS FORTH GUSHER OF VARIED EMOTIONS AS SULLY SAVES GIRL AND MONROE SCAVENGES FOR RARE TOY -- As the final days before Christmas tick off, Offficer Sully (Skipp Sudduth) rushes into a fiery house and saves an orphaned but feisty 12-year-old girl (guest star Lily Kershaw) whom he befriends while Officer Monroe (Nia Long) desperately scrounges for a popular doll for her nephew.

While searching for the rare toy, Bosco (Jason Wiles) arrests a store Santa and the pair take pity on a teary-eyed man whose gifts for his five kids are stolen on Christmas Eve.

Elsewhere, Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) avoids the man (guest star Adam Beach) who claims to be his long-lost brother while his embittered partner Doc (Michael Beach) struggles with his abject loneliness on the holiday. Coby Bell, Eddie Cibrian and Kim Raver also star..

about time we see Jimmy again! I hope they arent giong to get all mushy with him and Kim. Bleah another relationship doomed to fail
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Um, well . . .

If you saw the preview for this week's episode last week you may be unpleasantly surprised Duxxy. Sorry.

Rare doll . . . Nephew . . . I'd certainly love to see what they come up with. Product placement to the max!

Watch, Sully's gonna adopt the kid. And I wanna see Bosco buying Christmas prezzies for that "teary-eyed man."
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

****spoiler*****

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    about time we see Jimmy again! I hope they arent giong to get all mushy with him and Kim. Bleah another relationship doomed to fail
    Store up those Jimmy moments, they're going to be gone very soon. I can't remember if it's "The Spirit" that's his final eppy or if there's one or two more.

From what I've read, the relationship isn't failing this time. *wedding bells playing in background as I type*
    Listen to the wise and beautiful Bosco

oh! I had no idea that Eddie Cibrian was leaving the show! Well.. I'll be sorry to see him go. If Kim takes him back she gets what she deserves.. if Jimmy takes Kim back he is getting more than he deserves.. a 4th chance. Joey on the other hand gets ringside seats to the erosion of their marriage... AGAIN
    Show me more Bosco in black jeans and leather jacket and I'll forget all about Jimmy LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

*blink-blink* Cibrian's departure is also news to me. You'd think, since he's a "key protagonist," the network would kindah 'pave der way' and stick clues in episodes. For example, with the previous season finale, NBC made it kee-white clear someone was gonna buy it -- those were some fun conversations here.

Anyway, kim, I'd be interested in readin' where you found this information, if it's actually reproductible -- reproducible . . . Which one's right?

I'm als in disagreement about Kim and Jimmy getting back together. Okay, yes, perhaps a good plot-point, but here's another reason why I find it odd that Cibrian's supposedly leaving: Don't you think that, if they got back together, there'd be more about them in coming episdoes? I would. But that's just me.

I also agree with Duxxy's reasons.

And this certainly ain't a reproduction of reality. Only in television and movies do once-divorced couples get back together. There's a reason why they separated the first time, people.

'Course, if there's someone out there whose parents divorced and got back together please feel free to prove an exception to the rule.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

Jimmy's not going to die. I get all my spoilers from

http://www.thirdwatch.net/

The source is reliable and 100% accurate. Eddie has a pilot deal with ABC and will be starring in his own show hopefully next season. If the pilot doesn't work out, not killing the character leaves the door open for him to return.

Not that I want him to return.

Oh and Bosco, black jeans, black leather jacke *sigh*

Still, disappearing like such and not really saying any sort of 'goodbye' seems kindah -- wierd, stupid even. I'm sure there are just as many Jimmy-fans out there as there are for anyone else, and at least one of 'em's gottah have a Nielsen box. Since one ratings point is equaly to slightly over 1 million homes, that's a number NBC's gonna wanna listen to.

So not hinting at his departure ain't a good idea I think. Or maybe the writers are saving that for later, dunno.

But still, if they're unvocering something new (or old, depending upon your viewpoint) between Kim and Doherty, it seems even more stupid to take him away so soon. Again the fan reason, and then the writers'd have another unfinished plot-point under their belt. I, for one, like endings people!

It's not going to be an unresolved plot point. He's not going to just drop off the radar, he's going to be heard of, just not seen.

Seriously, go read the spoilers if you really want to know what's going to happen.

TPTB have no control over the contract that Eddie signed with the other production company. Due to the contract Eddie CANNOT appear on Third Watch for period while ABC decides if they will pick up his pilot.

Just be grateful they aren't killing him off. He could come back if it doesn't get picked up. Which if you think about it would be bad for Eddie. He wouldn't be happy if he returned.

I would certainly like to see what happens, but reading a spoiler kills all sorts of provocative discussion, and there've been quite an aweshome few here in this section of the FORT. I've been pleasantly surprised more'n once . . .

And what's this TPTB acronym? I've never heard'f that before, at least to my knowledge . . .

I'd be more grateful if they hadn't killed poor Taylor off -- especially in the fashion they did. Blugh. Jimmy the Character is shallow and a brat, though he may be getting better. I will grant, however, that Eddie Cibrian plays the Brat quite well. It's just like Tia Texada's Bitch, which I've stated elsewhere I do believe.

Personally, the only people that I hope find other jobs are Keith David, Sally Richardson, Thom Addox-Hernandez, etc. etc. etc. -- the voice-cast for Gargoyles. Cibirian has somethin' goin' for him with the Third Watch crew. I'm surprised that, as the writers take this turn with his Character, he's so ready to jump ship.

It's like the whole Halle Berry/Storm thing; the reason she's currently holding off (as far as I know) from an X-Men 3 is because she isn't too happy with the "screen-time" or lack thereof her Character's been gettin'. Okay, yeah, she probably ain't too happy with the fact that she herself ain't been around much supposedly, but she ain't paid by commission from what I know.

So why Cibrian would be leaving at a time like this makes me wonder -- though not surprised. Blegh. More unifinished plotholes ahead I predict.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast