+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 - "The Spirit"

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian105
    And what's this TPTB acronym? I've never heard'f that before, at least to my knowledge . . .
    T=The P=Powers T=That B=Be Sorry, I've been discussing TW for so long, I forget others are new.

I'd be more grateful if they hadn't killed poor Taylor off -- especially in the fashion they did. Blugh. Jimmy the Character is shallow and a brat, though he may be getting better. I will grant, however, that Eddie Cibrian plays the Brat quite well. It's just like Tia Texada's Bitch, which I've stated elsewhere I do believe.
    WORD! Don't you just love Tia Texada! She's a fabulous actress.

Cibirian has somethin' goin' for him with the Third Watch crew. I'm surprised that, as the writers take this turn with his Character, he's so ready to jump ship.
    The writers are taking this turn BECAUSE Eddie is trying to get this pilot off the ground. The producers of Third Watch are EXTREMELY supportive of the cast and crew. They even went to Anthony Ruivivar's play over the summer. That doesn't sound like much until you realize they all live in California and the play was in New York.

I have to disagree about the "unfinished potholes." I think, since you aren't going to read the spoilers, you are going to be in for a HUGE pleasant surprise

Peace
    Listen to the wise and beautiful Bosco

Okay, I think it's becoming clear now. I hadn't been aware that there was an actual relationship between the cast and the producers -- and writers maybe. Dunno about that.

All I know is that I can't wait 'til Friday to see what's going on, and upcoming episodes to make sense'f all this. Thank God the semester's over; 'twas fun, but us quasi-Andusian people-persons need a break every now and then. Work's a different story, eh-heh.

And thanks for clarifying the acronym. That's the first time I've seen "powers-that-be' acronym'fied, heh.

Otherwise, I still don't understand why the writers are taking this turn and Cibrian's supposedly leaving so soon. Maybe they're giving him a sabbatical in the show --- or maybe he's getting promoted? That'd make sense. Then he's gottah move out to be closer to this new job supposedly, which probably leaves Kim behind --- and everything's back at square one. Huh! Maybe this ain't such a bad hole.

But yeah, the writers are notorious for their holes. Ty & Alex, anyone? Faith's supposed bad shot? That's just the two I can recall currently.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Guardian, I think what Kim is trying to say is that "jimmy" is not leaving the show and he's not going to be written out. We just won't see him.. he'll be like "Charlie" on Charlie's Angels.. heard but not seen. If I am understanding correctly Eddie wants a chance for his own show. HE is the one who is choosing to move on, but the producers of the show have agreed to keep his role on TW open in case his show tanks.. he has something to fall back on.
    So we won't be missing Jimmy, we just won't be seeing him.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

THE FOG CLEARS!

Ahh, many thaks Duxxy, I am in complete understanding now!

Still kindah stinks that he's going at all, I guess, but-eh, what can yeh do? That's showbiz for yah.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

LG.
    I'll like Jimmy better when he's not seen or heard
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Ooh, I liked the musical score at the beginning of the show -- and how it managed to morph into the theme. Cool stuff there.

I was cracking up like nobody's business in the first quarter. Oliver the Onion? Is that supposed to be a pull on Spongebob? Or maybe VeggieTales? What's the hottest single-Character toy currently?

And poor Munroe! The entire montage with her and Bosco in the car . . . Magic I tell you! It's either the concept itself or maybe Bosco/Wiles' charm --- it sure don' work anywhere else! I was gasping 'cause my mom and her boyfriend fell asleep on the couch and didn't want me "yelling" (what they term my laughter. Ouch).

"Would it help if I told you I was a New York police officer?" And a slap to Bosco's leg for good measure.

"If I hear one more 'Happy Merry Christmas' I'm gonna --- Merry Christmas to you too!"

And my favorite, and it's going into my sig: "Bosco . . .! I think I love you!"

Now, I got confused in the second quarter, when the store proprietor brought Munroe Meester Oliver. The "not-accepting-gifts" thing I understand, but not what Bosco said to the man, about it being unfair that he 'had to arrest the guy.' That didn't get past me too well.

Third quarter: Okay, Doc is really starting to scare me -- and a lot'f other people, at least in the show. Things're gonna come to a head real soon.

Or they had better, lest the writers pull yet another unfinished plothole.

Roundup: Oh -- my -- gosh. This was absolutely the coolest episode of Third Watch I have ever seen -- except for Doc. He was a donkey, speaking euphemically. But otherwise . . . Never have I been so moved except for their take on 9/11. Pure human goodness has never been so wonderfully expressed. Never have I been more proud of being a TWit.

I'm honestly really beginning to like the partnership between Munroe and Bosco. They really are a great duo. Faith is and was great . . . But I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't come back for a while.

And the supposed sad thing may be -- I find that okay. This episode was just so amazing in the development between Bosco and Munroe -- Third Watch has created yet another precedent.

Bosco can't help but feel cheered by Munroe's frantic but optimistic "toy-searching," cautiously sharing her excitement . . .

I never thought he went to church. What an odd thing for Bosco --- but then again, Munroe did say he was a "big softie," and he only quasi-denied it.

And Sully! Wow. Amazing. I loved the scenes of getting the suit from Evidence and putting the belt on. Amazing.

This episode has certainly put me in the giving mood. I hope to plop more LEGO into that CHP box right across from Kay-Bee at the mall where I work. Spent almost twenty bucks there already -- I think I need to spend a bit more.

Since I entered high school I've had a bit'f a problem "getting into the spirit." Sure, I gave and I got, but whatever magic I had felt in previous years had all but disappeared . . . I think this episode helped bring some of it back.

Well I just finished watching last night episode and I had tears in my eyes by the end. This was an excellent and sentimental show. It was real touching at the end with Sulley and Davis playing Santa and his reindeer for the kids at the group home. Yes Doc was a downer and hopefully he will pull it out by the end of the season. It was great for Carlos (Adam) to finally find his brother and hopefully this will save Kylie's life.

All in all I agree with you Guardian105, that this was one of their best episodes and reminds of the good old days (1st season), when every episode was a powerful one. This year has been their best in a couple of years and hopefully they've find a permanent home (and good ratings) on Friday nights!

Chris

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    Now, I got confused in the second quarter, when the store proprietor brought Munroe Meester Oliver. The "not-accepting-gifts" thing I understand, but not what Bosco said to the man, about it being unfair that he 'had to arrest the guy.' That didn't get past me too well.
    What Bosco was trying to say was, while it was unfair that Munroe couldn't accept the toy as a gift because of the public policy against accepting gifts in the line of duty, the gift from the store owner should have been something for BOSCO, not the Onion for Munroe, because BOSCO was the one who recognized and arrested the child molster, which helped out the toy store owner by getting that creep away from his customers. Hope that makes sense.

I agree. This was a great episode. Carlos' brother - Hot, Hot, Hot. Carlos always was my vote for the hottest, but an older brother, yummy. It's about time Carlos had some good news in his life. Now if he can help get Doc out of the dumps.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yes it does LG. Thank you very much for clarifying.

And I'm certainly with you too, Mr.PayRoll, about the sentimental value. One of the reasons why I kept watching Third Watch after my initial view was because I'd be in tears at the end of practically every single eipsode. I am completely serious. I haven't had such a badly-leaking faucet since watching the Vikings destroy the Gargoyles of Castle Wyvern or Dinobot's death.

As of late I've realized that the shows weren't having that much of a pull on me because I wouldn't be walking into the bathroom every commercial to grab tissues. I am quite happy I was able to do that ad infinitum with this episode.

I'd like to see this "orphan girl" again; she was a great actress, and the scenes between her and Sully were quite superb.

Okay, question: Can [poop] be said on primetime television? I can't remember for sure. I ask because Bosco whispered it when he dropped one of the gifts for the "teary-eyed-man" onto the sidewalk.

A related question is: Taking into consideration what the rule for saying [poop] may be on television, do any of you think that could have been a blooper that the editors/writers/whoevers kept in? I do kindah. I just don't see the writers putting something like that into the script, unless they really did want to add in some more humor (as I said earlier, I would have howled during the car-exchanges between Munroe and Bosco).

Personally, if it really was a kept-in quasi-blooper, I'm glad they kept it. Maybe-slight outtah place, but it's something I can certainly easily forgive.

You can actually say pretty much any word on television. It just depends on how serious and important the program is. They have shown theatrical movies on TV, without editing out the words.

I didn't see it on broadcast television, but I think 'Saving Private Ryan' was shown with most of the words and scenes intact. And considering Third Watch is on 10pm, which is past the family viewing time, I think they have a lot more leeway on what they can get away with.

I didn't hear Bosco say the 's' word, but then again I'm not following it word for word. I can never remember the lines from most movies, but my friends kids see a movie once and they can recite all of the funny/naughty lines over and over again!

I think the young homeless girl will have a recurring role on the show. Maybe Sully will take her in and maybe adopt her. It's time he settles down. He tried before and you know what happened to his wife!

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast