+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 24: Season 3...sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    Too bad girls already trust me, dammit!

I can just see it now, the clock ticking :18 minutes....then when they are done the clock is ticking :19

Actually, I haven't quite figured out the correlation:

Having Sex = I No Longer Work For C.T.U.

Then again, it was a very short commercial.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

TCW
    I feel like they have dumbed down this season. Key plot points are hammered over and over. I.e. Jack's watch might be broken. Did you hear, Jack's watch might be broken. Oh, did you know the watch might be broken. And on and on and on.

It's like they took previous season complaints of people having trouble coming into the series late in the game too seriously and have rebuilt the show so it isn't that hard.

I personally find watching it live to be a bore so I now record it and instead watch Rides on TLC. Then I can fast forward through the repeating of points and territory where they already been. Season one was the best. Last year was o.k. This year can find what they had the first year.

I was a faithful fan of 24 in the first two seasons, but I've hardly watched it this season. I'm just sick of the same old crap. Honestly, is Nina Myers involved in every freakin' threat to American National Security. Seriously, can't the producers have themselves a cattle call and come up with some new blood. And while they're at it, they can kill off Kim. Man that girl is annoying.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Premium Member
    I'm glad it's not just me. I was so excited about this season, and it's been such a disappointment. No shocking plot twists, no pieces of information to play around with and try to guess what happens next... hell I don't even really care what happens next.

That's what's wrong with this season in a nutshell... I don't really care what happens next.

I have last week's episode on TiVo, and I can't even work up the excitement to watch it. Now that's pretty sad.

I taped the last show and haven't watched it either. I am in aggreement with TCW and Brenna on the show this year. I am finding it harder to tune in, especially after I made double-damn sure I didn't miss it the first two seasons.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I gave up on this season weeks (hours?) ago. I started off taping it in December because I was real busy, with promises to catch up over the holiday. Well, whenever I got the chance to watch it, I opted to clean the house instead. And as much as I love some of the characters (Howard Dean for President? NO! David Palmer for President!!), I don't feel any great loss for not watching this season.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Television:

List of Golden Globes Winners
    Mon Jan 26, 2:30 AM ET

By The Associated Press

List of winners at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Golden Globe Awards

Drama Series: "24," Fox.

I reckon some folks think the show is still good.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

TCW
    I think that award was in reference to the 2003 season, not the current 2004 season of the show. Doh...I found that it is for the current season. Ug.. It's simply not that good this year. How did the foreign press even see it already? Didn't production for the remainder of the season just recently complete or is still underway?

Further defined issues:

Reuse of Characters that get too much story time over and over:
    Kim - The first season, o.k... I can see her role. The second season... um..maybe. Third season... She is qualified to work at CTU yet in season two she was so stupid she didn't know how to get out of a rabit snare? Can't she just need to go to school in France?

Sherry - O.k, she was scheming in season one. She was scheming in season two. I was hoping the brother would be the new schemer, but no, she's back. Why?

Nina - enough already. There isn't any other nasty terrorists out there? I can see CTU people and family being around Jack's circle of influence, but why does Nina keep popping up?

ok, after this week, I am watching Keen Eddie. Yes, the show that Fox cancelled. Even the reruns of that show are better than the plot of 24 this year. I have tried to stay interested this year but its been a real struggle. I will just tape this show and watch it when nothing else is on.... like on monday night.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast