+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lena hold out for cash

Lena hold out for cash

According to a story in this week's TV Guide, Lena Olin asked for $100,000 per episode to return to Alias as a guest-star (the same money that Sharon Stone gets to guest-star on The Practice, and a helluva lot of money to guest-star). The Alias team said "okay, fine", and then Lena changed her mind once again and refused to return.

They want her bad for the storyline, but she's being a witch about it. I have no more respect for her as an actress.

I hate these stubborn actors. Alias actors should know that they could possibly return to the series later unless they're killed off. She better get her head straight soon and get over her complex.

I loved Lena Olin in the role (the only person in the world that Sydney could not beat in a physical or mental battle) -- however, on Alias, it would be pretty easy for Mom to get plastic surgery and look like someone different for the rest of the series.

Instead, they're bringing in Sydney's "Aunt", who her dad may or may not have a romantic fling with.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Yeah, but the aunt is Isabella Rossellini!

As for Lena... I'm highly disappointed. It made her a household name. Why show so much disrespect? At least let J.J. wrap up the plot before bailing.

Maybe she fears being pigeonholed into this type of character - but she's a movie star, and she's done a wide variety of movies, so I don't think that would be as big a problem.

Wow, I must say I'm quite disappointed in Lena Olin's behavior. She was absolutely PERFECT as Syd's mom, and hopefully she will eventually return. However, Isabella Rossellini is a terrific actress, and she has that touch of mysteriousness that'll be perfect for the role of Irina's sister.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

+ Reply to Thread