+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/05 - "A Ticket Grows in Brooklyn"

12/05 - "A Ticket Grows in Brooklyn"

THIRD WATCH
    A TICKET GROWS IN BROOKLYN
    12-05-2003 10:00PM

BOSCO AND MONROE SEEK JUSTICE BY MESSING IN MOBSTER'S FAMILY BUSINESS -- Officers Bosco (Jason Wiles) and Monroe (Nia Long) stumble upon a small-time mobster/restaurateur (guest star Nicholas Turturro) who's trying to squeeze out an honest businessman (guest star Steven Randazzo) and his hot-headed son, but their efforts at peacemaking only result in deadly recrimination -- which galvanizes the unlikely cop partners to pursue the case even more.

Meanwhile, Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) desperately searches for a bone-marrow match for his ailing baby daughter, but with Doc's (Michael Beach) help, his plight receives national press attention -- resulting in a call from a crying woman who claims to be the mother who abandoned him. Coby Bell, Eddie Cibrian and Skipp Sudduth also star..

Oh wow! this sounds GREAT! I have to remember to tape it, hubby's bday and christmas party that night
    3 cheers for kiddo sleeping over at grandpa's house!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Ohhh shihhhh----nanzer.

Doc! You're going inasnnne! Get some help! Please!

Oh, wait, this is actually a good thing -- maybe.

Definitely suggests a good plot point. Now I'm going to assume that this wasn't a typo and the 'crying woman' is Carlos Nieto's mother, not the mother of his supposed child. Just got a little confused there.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

LG.
    yes, Carlos' mommy who abandoned him decades ago is back. Just starting the show here now.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    it's probably not his real mom though, just some nutjob.

it's nice to see Nicholas Turturo again, but it will be weird seeing him as a bad mob dude, because he was always such a sweetie pie when he was on NYPD Blue.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

This has got to be the saddest plot-point the writers have thought up, right up there with chopping Alex in two.

I was slightly offended with the whole "Accept Jesus Christ into your heart!" calls. I really don't think any self-respecting born-again Christian would ever do that. No, they'd offer their services as a potential donor, and use that goodness as a possible way to witness.

I guess I was more offended than originally expected. I mean, dude, they only spoke of born-again Christians. Where're the Muslims, the Orthodox Jewish, the Yogis, the Jehovah's Witnesses? You gonna offend one religion, beter try 'n' offend 'em all at the same time.

*snort*

I suppose the whole mother-thing was too good to be true. So sad. And poor Carlos; it's such a soft spot for him that of course he'd throw caution to the wind. I guess anyone would. So sad . . .

Just goes to show how terrible people can be I suppose, both in Character and as writing the script. I think I may have to write a letter about that, ask 'em if they've had personal experience or read too far into the Left Behind series. Yeesh.

The peek at next week seems like it will redeem this episode though. Nieto's brother looks nice, booyah!

Doc was rather out of character too -- again. He gets off his shift and waits with Nieto, then leaves him? Honestly, if you're gonna go, you should stay until the victim leaves or at least convince said victim to leave with you. That's a friend. Doc's just getting more and more wierd each episode.

Levine was cool, though, heh.

Otherwise, Bosco simply rocked. But I'm curious as to why the mob-dude kept being chummy with him. Italian heritage or no, is Bosco really that notorious, or is there something there that the writers haven't revealed yet . . .?

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

FORT Newbie

Bosco's Partner

Ok, I'll admit -- I'm a newbie.

I just watched tonights eppisode, and it was greeeeat. Althought, I've got a question (hah, whats new). I saw Bosco and that new partner of his and I have to admit, I'm upset...and confused.

Upset becuase I love him and Faith together so much more.

Confused becuase I really really don't understand why he has a new partner.

I read somewhere that Faith was shot by Cruz, some bad cop or something like that, and now shes in the hospital or something. But I read that Bosco and Faith were broken up before that...why were Bosco and Faith split up in the first place?? And..have they gotten back together yet? Hah..it sounds like they were a couple or something.

Thanks to whoever can answer my questions once again!

Jess

Faith, for now, is AWOL, "away" with her family "somewhere far away . . ."

*shrugs* Blame the writers; they're notorious for letting loose ends drop.

Speaking of loose ends, hello! Where's the judge?! Where's Sully's girl?!

And he's retiring?! Say it ain't so!

Otherwise, I think the debate so far is fairly equal; no idea as to when or if Faith will return, and if she'll settle in with Bosco again. I doubt it, sad to say; if he hadn't been around, she wouldn't have gotten shot in the first place.

At least they didn't kill her. *wipes brow*

Hey, speaking of which . . . I can't remember seeing Price in the credits again! Anyone able to help me with that?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Molly Price who is pregnant in real life, will probably be "paralyzed" until after she has her baby. Bosco and Faith will probably be a dynamic duo once again...

I've been aware of Price's pregnancy for a while, actually, but I was also told that she's quite far along -- or was this not correct? *shrugs*

Otherwise, I have no clue if Bosco and Faith will be getting back together as partners at all. Fred's adamantly against that, and Faith's final words to Bosco were "Now go" pretty much.

So unless the writers throw us through yet another loop -- which wouldn't really surprise me -- I see no future between a second Bosco/Faith partnership.

However . . .

With Sully supposedly 'retiring,' that leaves Davis without a partner . . . And if the writers do throw us through another loop, that also leaves Munroe partnerless . . .

Whoop'ah! Now tha' would be a NIIIIIICE combination!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast