+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12/04 - "Identity Crisis"

12/04 - "Identity Crisis"

ER
    IDENTITY CRISIS
    12-04-2003 9:59PM

NEELA TREATS FUN-SEEKING AMISH TEENAGERS WHILE DOCTOR IS MOURNED -- Two distinct cultures collide when Neela (Parminder Nagra) treats two Amish teenagers involved in a car accident who are exploring the outside world to determine if they want to return to the reclusive society while Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston) and a few others mourn the loss of a talented colleague.

Elsewhere, Sam (Linda Cardellini) clashes with sympathetic Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) when he pays too much attention to her trouble-prone teenaged son Alex (guest star Oliver Davis) while Dr. Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) is pained when an unconscious 5-year-old girl cannot be traced to any parent or guardian.

In addition, Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) scopes out the beautiful Valerie (guest star Joy Bryant) who is visiting her nervous brother Dr. Gallant (Sharif Atkins). Laura Innes and Maura Tierney also star..

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    This seems to sum up my feelings about last nights show.....already 7:22 and no one has posted a comment about a really dull episode with at least two story lines that are becomming annoying

Who wants to see more of Kovac and the kid or should they bring on a special guest dentist for life threating oral surgery....

The show has been on for a long time...some of the episodes lack the spark of past seasons...

While I am at it...the have yet to show Maura Tierney in a good light this season....even with the Docs after work spot....

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Moooooooooosssssssssss

back at John

and plays Amish Paradise by Weird AL Yanovic because its lonely here....

That kid is *really* starting to piss me off. I understand that they want a vehicle to bring the nurse and Kovac together in a romantic way, but....no. Just no. Had it been my kid who stole a freaking finger, he'd have been in military school, quick-like. Little brat.

I have to agree with everyone else, last night was lack-lustre. The creepy kid needs to be hit by a bus. I don't like Sam, I dont like the idea of Sam and Kovac together -maybe Sam and the kid will go to Africa with Kovac and Kovac comes back without them. (a girl can dream, can't she??)
    What ever happened to the chick from Montreal that accompanied Luka back to the states? She was at the hospital..
    Abby is annoying as hell. I don't want to see more of her. We don't need to see her in a good light - we already know she's a screw up.
    I liked seeing Neela kick up her heels a bit. It was fun!
    Pratt doing a double take and then back peddling when he realized that Gallant's sis was using crutches/wheelchair for her MS. Honestly!
    Would a doctor do that? I really thought he would just look past them, after getting over the shock that she didn't bother to mention it at all. Where were her crutches or wheelchair when she was in the doctor's lounge? or in the bar? They would have been in plain sight wouldn't they? bleah

Lester, the new med student, is as creepy as the kid.

I was really sad that ER let Romano's passing float by without so much as a wimper. He did do his very best to alienate everyone within shouting distance but he was still a collegue. My sense of duty would have had me at that memorial service no matter what.
    Poor taste to have the med students walk by and scrounge food that was put out for the mourners.
    This epi just left a really sour taste in my mouth.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fan
    Quote: I was really sad that ER let Romano's passing float by without so much as a wimper. He did do his very best to alienate everyone within shouting distance but he was still a collegue. My sense of duty would have had me at that memorial service no matter what.
    Poor taste to have the med students walk by and scrounge food that was put out for the mourners.
    This epi just left a really sour taste in my mouth. Endquote.

I agree. I fortunately haven't had any experience with this, but I think even if someone makes frequent caustic comments and is disliked by most or all co-workers, managers and "underlings," -- if that person died, people would still attend the memorial service, especially when the person died young, and tragically. I could have sworn they would show some of the "eulogy" -- I think they portrayed the situation very unrealistically.

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne

I agree. I fortunately haven't had any experience with this, but I think even if someone makes frequent caustic comments and is disliked by most or all co-workers, managers and "underlings," -- if that person died, people would still attend the memorial service, especially when the person died young, and tragically. I could have sworn they would show some of the "eulogy" -- I think they portrayed the situation very unrealistically.

Lynne
    Me too. That's *not* how everyone would have acted. They would have at least 'pretended' to care, imo. Or, they would have gone for Corday's sake, at the very least. She seems to be fairly popular.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Me too. That's *not* how everyone would have acted. They would have at least 'pretended' to care, imo. Or, they would have gone for Corday's sake, at the very least. She seems to be fairly popular.

I didn't get that either. You would have thought that someone would have gone. I know he wasn't their favourite doctor but come on the guy just died and the service was in the hospital.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by march
    I didn't get that either. You would have thought that someone would have gone. I know he wasn't their favourite doctor but come on the guy just died and the service was in the hospital.
    The whole tone of the death is strange. I have said before, why go to all of the trouble to cut the guys arm off and then deepen his charecter with the episodes that dealt with his recovery from the original accident, his coming to terms with his limitations, the decision to finally amputate the arm and go with a prosthetic limb etc. and then simply kill the guy off?!? He was just becoming multi-dimensional, deep and interesting. Then poof (or splat in this case) he is gone.

And then once he is gone, why handle the memorial service and everything else so lack-lusterly???

The only thing that I can think of is that perhaps the actor - Paul McCrane, somehow ticked off the Producers or NBC and they are just exacting some sort of insider "revenge". Maybe there was a contract dispute or some other recent bad blood between them.

Who knows? I just cant understand why it was all handles so strangely.

+ Reply to Thread