+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elisabeth Filarski-Hasselbeck chosen as new co-host for The View

Elisabeth Filarski-Hasselbeck chosen as new co-host for The View

ELISABETH FILARSKI HASSELBECK CHOSEN AS NEW CO-HOST FOR "THE VIEW,"
    ABC DAYTIME'S EMMY AWARD-WINNING TALK AND ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM

Executive Producer Barbara Walters Made the
    Official Announcement Today, Live, on the Program

Elisabeth Filarski Hasselbeck, a 26-year-old Providence, Rhode Island native, has been officially named the fifth co-host for ABC Daytime's widely successful multi-generational talk and informational entertainment program, "The View," it was announced today live on the show by creator and executive producer Barbara Walters.

Ms. Hasselbeck is best known to audiences as a participant on the wildly popular second edition of the Survivor game show, "Survivor: the Australian Outback." While competing in Australia, Ms. Hasselbeck used her competitive personality and survival skills to outwit and outlast her way to the final four. She is a 1999 graduate from Boston College, where her studies centered around her studio art major. Ms. Hasselbeck is married to NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck.

Ms. Walters said "all three of our final contestants were very special and talented young women, but Elisabeth seemed just right, and our viewers' emails, telephone calls and letters truly supported our choice."

Ms. Walters' announcement ended a three-month search that included tryout sessions for 21 female candidates. Ms. Hasselbeck was among the final three contenders when the field was narrowed earlier this month. Former co-host Lisa Ling left the program in December, 2002, and "The View" has since showcased a number of celebrity hosts.

Tuesday, November 25 will mark Ms. Hasselbeck's first "official" day as co-host of "The View," where she'll join fellow colleagues Barbara Walters, moderator Meredith Vieira, comedian Joy Behar and lawyer and former prosecutor Star Jones.

"The View" features a dynamic team of women who share their daily, no-holds-barred opinions and colorful conversations. Since its launch, "The View" has received 16 Daytime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Talk Show. The show has received numerous nominations, including six consecutive nominations for Outstanding Daytime Talk Show and Outstanding Talk Show Host. Now in its seventh season, it's seen live MONDAY-FRIDAY (11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET; CLOSED-CAPTIONED; in stereo, TV-14) on ABC.

"The View" is produced by ABC Daytime and Ms. Walters' Barwall Productions, with Ms. Walters serving as executive producer along with Bill Geddie.

BIOGRAPHY

ELISABETH FILARSKI HASSELBECK

Co-host of the ABC Television Network's "The View"

Elisabeth Hasselbeck, formerly Elisabeth Filarski, is best known to audiences as a participant on the wildly popular second edition of the "Survivor" game show, "Survivor: the Australian Outback". While competing in Australia, Ms. Hasselbeck used her competitive personality and survival skills to outwit and outlast her way to the final four.

A 1999 graduate from Boston College, Ms. Hasselbeck is married to NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck. While at Boston College, she captained her championship D-1 softball team, as her studies centered on her studio art major.

Ms. Hasselbeck has recently been putting her flair for fashion to good use as a host of the Style Channel's "The Look for Less," which helps viewers find designer looks at bargain prices. She has also hosted programs on MTV, and done commercial work for companies including Reebok, Johnson & Johnson and Proctor & Gamble.

Prior to her work on television, Ms. Hasselbeck designed shoes for PUMA, working on their street lifestyle design, while living in Boston. She does not stray far from the world of industrial design and fills her time painting, designing note cards and personalized planners, running, as well as relaxing with her husband, family and friends.

Ms. Hasselbeck grew up in Providence, Rhode Island. She dedicated the winter of 1997 in Belize to teaching children in the rain-forest, and spent three weeks in Italy in 2000 developing her designs to completion.

She describes herself as intuitive, mildly impulsive, faithful and devoted. Ms. Hasselbeck enjoys the game of football (particularly when her husband is on the field), partaking in outdoor sports and listening to her brother Ken's music.

Ms. Hasselbeck has a strong passion for working with Breast Cancer Prevention, Research and Support. She also dedicates her time to working with the youth of today in order to develop their self-esteem.

She was the best 'princess of perk' to fill Lisa's chair.

(although with Lisa's journalistic intelligence and training, I doubt very much that Elizabeth will fill her shoes)

Way to parlay balding, mosquito bites and parasites into a television career.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I don't watch The View, could care less. But I am happy for Elisabeth. She was a sweetie on Survivor Outback and deserves the riches life has to offer!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Fogey
    I am so pleased that they chose her. I hope she does it justice! I liked her a lot on Survivor and she has quite a resume.

Elisabeth seemed just right, and our viewers' emails, telephone calls and letters truly supported our choice.
    Nice! I read about some people emailing and telling them that they'd love to see Elisabeth on The View, and it's nice to see they listened.

The fact that she was the Season 2 sweetheart can't have hurt either.

FORT Fogey
    I agree and she has gone on to do things on her own like hosting another show.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    She was the best 'princess of perk' to fill Lisa's chair.

(although with Lisa's journalistic intelligence and training, I doubt very much that Elizabeth will fill her shoes)

Way to parlay balding, mosquito bites and parasites into a television career.

I agree Duxx.
    Lisa was made to look foolish on that show, cut off in conversation, bullied by Joy and given stupid bits to host that were beneath her imo.

Once Lis was in the running no one else stood a chance imo.
    Lis is still very popular with the public and I think Barbara and Bill see her as a way to bring ratings to the show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I couldn't agree more fluff

sorry for this extraneous 'i agree' post
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    meh, I don't watch the show

but Elizabeth's hot

so I might just tune in for drool factor alone

Tim's got nothing on me... *shifty eyes*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast