+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And to What my Wandering Eyes Did Appear

And to What my Wandering Eyes Did Appear

I have no idea why I did this, but during Law & Order I decided to pull a Google image search for Third Watch. I found some nifty screen-grabs etc., but this certainly piqued my curiosity . . .

Supposedly the WB has released DVDs/Laserdiscs of Third Watch in Japan. When's it gonna be our turn man?

But note my use of company. WB. We see it here on NBC. When I did a search for Third Watch at wb.com I actually did find a 'home-site' of sorts for the show.

I am so very confused right now. If NBC has the air-rights, what's WB have to do with our show?

Anyone got any info. on that?

References:
    http://dvdscan.com/3rdwatch.htm -- Where I found our about the Laserdiscs

http://www2.warnerbros.com/thirdwatc...ompage=sitemap -- The WB 'home' for Third Watch
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

I'm stumped! the show is on both official websites. Maybe they are all owned by Warner? LOl they seem to own everything else.

I see TW on my local station and it also shows on the channel that NBC usually broadcasts on... but these are just feeds. The fact is that MCTV (mid-canada television, Persona televison) own all of the cable channels that we watch and they pay rights to air the feed from which ever station.
    We see some stuff from UPN and WB but they are on our local station. It could be that your local station is just taking over the feed of that channel and showing you what they want you to see?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

All I know, and this is somewhat nill, is this:

As a Californian (and thusly USA'ian), separate networks/companies air separate things. I 'know' NBC airs Third Watch because NBC is broadcast on television Channel 4 for me and NBC is the only network which advertises for Third Watch. I do not see any advertisements nor am I aware of any sort of airings of Third Watch on the WB here, which is television Channel 5 for me.

I also 'know' that 'someone' has offered A&E vieiwings of past Third Watch episodes, and that cable channel (which I do not have access to) currently does so. I am not aware if A&E has any ties whatsoever to either NBC, WB, or their parent companies.

I am unaware if NBC and WB (or A&E for that matter) are owned by the same company; if they are, this would certainly explain what I dug up last night.

I am also unaware if perhaps NBC sold overseas rights to another company/network, specifically WB. This would also explain things.

Or, perhaps, God forbid, NBC is planning to sell all rights to WB? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather tune in to NBC than the WB to see our beloved show. It's the whole 'reputation' thing.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

That WB site has been up since season 1. I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh.

Eh-heh-heh. My bad.

Okay, so I don't have to be paranoid, but I'm still curious. I can't ever remember seeing something like this with any television show ever --- except maybe for the Star Trek series' and the Buffy show (ie networks giving shows to other networks), but that was done after the fact; the shows had completed their 'official' run on the main network, and the other got to rerun old episodes. Nothung new.

Warner Brothers (WB) is the studio that owns Third Watch. NBC buys episodes for a certain price from Warner Bros. Warner Bros also owns ER and The West Wing.

Hope that helps...

Thanks for that Mona!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Whoahhhh . . . Obviously, I did not know that.

What an odd connection. Though, it makes sense to license it; ER and Third Watch aren't "WB" primetime shows, if you get mah drift. It certainly makes sense to air them both on NBC.

Warner Brothers do a lot of shows that don't air on The WB. The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are 2 more examples.

Ugh, I can certainly understand why WB wouldn't want those shows on their network.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast