+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of "Buffy"?

The end of "Buffy"?

Head: Buffy Ending Soon

Anthony Stewart Head, who plays Giles on UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, told SCI FI Wire that he believes the show will end at the end of the current seventh season. "It's not winding down. It's coming to an end," Head said in a telephone interview. "It's gone its full [course]. ... [Creator Joss Whedon has] brought it really neatly back into a full cycle. It's come back to the high school. And in terms of telling Buffy's story, in terms of saying how she has learned to deal with her gifts, if you like, and how it's affected her life and also the lives of all around her, it's ... reached the end of the story. ... It's not a surprise to anybody who's working on the show that it feels absolutely right."

Speculation has been running high that the popular series will end this year, especially since it's thought that star Sarah Michelle Gellar might not come back after her contract ends at the end of the current season. Publicly, Whedon and UPN have said that a decision about an eighth season remains up in the air, with or without Gellar. For her part, Gellar has said it's too early to say whether she'll be back.

But as far as Head is concerned, the creators of the show are ready to wind things up, and he doesn't think the show could continue without Gellar. "We've all talked about it," he said. "Who knows? In the world of TV land and network studios, nothing that the creative team ... wants always necessarily happens. ... Somebody may slap a wad of cash on the table and say, 'It must not end.' But at the same time, you know, as far as the creative team is concerned, this was the way it's always been perceived. ... It's good to get out on a high. It's not something you want to drag on. Now, at the same time, there are many plans afoot for how [a] franchise can be developed and be extended. So ... it may be the end of Buffy's story, for the moment. Now who knows? Somewhere down the line, we may pick up Buffy's story in another space or another form. I don't know. I would love ... that [Whedon] gets to make the movie that he always wants to make. That depends on a number of factors. I don't know."

Head is back in Los Angeles to shoot several episodes in which his character returns to Sunnydale. It's unclear how many more episodes Head will do, though he's believed to have committed to at least 10 this season. "We're in debate at the moment ... because I've got to go back ... to England," he said. "And we're just ... looking at whether they need me to come back before Christmas or not. ... People keep asking me how long I'm here for, and I keep saying, 'I haven't the vaguest idea.' And it's true. ... Sometimes it's useful for me to withdraw and not be here to help out. And sometimes it's useful for me to help out. I do know that my first big scene back, I had all the exposition. Give the English guy the big words." Buffy airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

I watched a few episodes when they ran in repeats, (every night at 6 or something on some channel) and although I pretty much enjoyed the one's I saw, it doesn't suprise me that it is ending.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I have never seen a single episode of this show - I hate SMG, and didn't want to ruin my love for the original movie.

John, how can you hate SMG?

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

She's got a little round face and deep-set, big eyes, and botoxed lips. She's just wierd-looking, and it bothers me.

I've never enjoyed a single movie she's been in, either (although a few seconds of Cruel Intentions were watchable)

Princess
    John - how do you know her lips are botoxed? It really makes me surprised if that's true! I think she looks very good now that she is a couple of years older than in the beginning of the series .

A just assume they're botoxed because they look like she inflates them every morning.

Princess
    I think she has looked that way from the beginning of the series when botox wasn't popular or known (don't think so anyway). Would you think she was cute if they are real?

I'm sad if the series will end, but it is starting to get a bit old, and I think it's time to do it now with a big bang rather than go on and on until they have lost all viewers. Clearly they should end it if SMG leaves, imo.

Oddly enough, I've always liked SMG. I think she's really talented and anyone that watched All My Children while she was on, knows that she can act. Susan Lucci was incredibly jealous of her.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I don't really like SMG either, I find her voice very annoying and really don't rate her as an actress.
    I did really like Cruel Intentions though, it was a much better movie than I thoguht it would be.

Can you botox lips?

I thought it was collagen

We sould probably ask Angelina Jolie as she has hers done.
    The worst collagen lips I've ever seen are Madeleine Stowe in "We Were Soldiers". Ugh.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast