+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Liza Minnelli to Appear on Fox Comedy

Liza Minnelli to Appear on Fox Comedy

1 hour, 27 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - After 40 years in show business, Liza Minnelli is trying something new. Minnelli, 57, makes her sitcom debut Sunday night on the Fox comedy "Arrested Development," a comedy about a squabbling family united by greed.

Minnelli told AP Radio that sitcom work is "wacky" and the "maddest thing" she's ever done. She says she finally gets to use her comic ability.

Minnelli plays a widowed socialite who ends up getting a crush on Buster, George and Lucille's youngest son. "He has panic attacks and I've got vertigo, I can't see either. Neither of us can see anything without our glasses," Minnelli said.

Minnelli said she thinks it's fine for a woman to date a younger man. "Anybody should date whoever they want to. It's a personal thing and it's their business," she said.

Minnelli's not sure if she will have a permanent role on the show. "You never know. You know things come up and life is full of surprises, and that's what I love," she said. "I love taking new roads and exploring new ways to have fun and to work and to develop spiritually and emotionally and in my work."

On Monday, Minnelli sued her estranged husband David Gest for at least $2 million, claiming that he stole from her. The lawsuit names Gest and two of his companies, David Gest Productions and David Gest & Associates, as defendants. The papers say Gest "continues to possess or benefit from, directly or indirectly, sums rightfully belonging to plaintiff."

Minnelli "asked for an accounting and access to all books and records, which access was denied," say papers filed in Manhattan's State Supreme Court. "On information and belief, the Gest defendants began to take money for themselves."

Minnelli and Gest married March 16, 2002, at a celebrity-studded ceremony that featured best man Michael Jackson carrying the bride's train and Elizabeth Taylor serving as maid of honor.

The two were introduced to each other by Jackson when Gest, a producer and promoter, produced Jackson's 30th anniversary tribute concert for television. They separated last July.

Minnelli, the daughter of Judy Garland and director Vincente Minnelli, has won an Academy Award, an Emmy, two Golden Globes and three Tony Awards. She also has battled substance abuse, weight gain and a near-fatal bout with encephalitis.
    I think Arrested Development is a great show, so if you haven't caught it, tune in!

John, when and what station is it on?

It's on Fox, Sundays at 9:30pm.

http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/

Jeffrey Tambor, Jason Bateman, and voiceovers by Ron Howard. How can you beat that?

Fox Dedicated to 'Arrested'

Sun Nov 23, 6:35 PM ET
    By Cynthia Littleton

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In a show of faith, Fox Broadcasting Co. has given a full-season order to "Arrested Development," an oddball family comedy that has drawn critical raves but tepid Nielsen numbers since its debut earlier this month.

"Arrested Development," starring Jason Bateman and Jeffrey Tambor, revolves around a wealthy, dysfunctional family that is forced to pull together when the patriarch -- played by Tambor -- is arrested for shifty accounting practices at the family's real estate firm.

The show has had an uphill climb in its 9:30 p.m. Sunday slot, but Fox entertainment president Gail Berman said the network remains high on the show and is willing to give it time to find its audience.

"We know it's going to take a while to grow -- it's a word-of-mouth kind of show," Berman said. "I think it is the most inspired comedy to come along in years."

Berman added that Fox hopes to generate some sampling for the show with special telecasts outside its regular Sunday slot, including a four-episode marathon to air Dec. 31.

"Arrested Development" may generate some additional buzz in the coming weeks with high-profile guest shots including Liza Minnelli, who began a multi-episode arc on the show Sunday.

Separately, ABC has given a three-episode midseason order to "The D.A.," a drama starring Steven Weber as a hard-charging district attorney with his eye on the governor's mansion.

ABC entertainment president Susan Lyne said the network aimed to present the show as a limited-run series "event" in the spring.
    Everyone should be watching this show!

I watched one episode. The problem for me is that it's on after Malcome (on the half hour), and I don't watch Malcom, so I'm usually into an hour long show by then.
    The one I saw was interesting though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I like this show. When I have other plans, I make sure that I tape it. The cast works real well with each other. I have to say that Portia constantly amazes me. There is no laugh track and the show is a serial, which can be hard to get into. If you have time or tape it, I think you should because it is quite a gem. So glad that Fox decided to take a chance on it.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Malcolm in the Middle and Arrested Development - the funniest hour on TV! Liza is a hoot. Really people, you have to get away from the laugh tracks. Come over to the darkside.......
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I also enjoy this show. I've caught all of it but the first 15 minutes of the premeire. But it's a nice ending to the weekend, after Malcom of course.

The dad cracks me up! He's enjoying prison quite a bit, with all the talk about which gang to join, and playing softball all day! But next week it looks like he's trying to break out. I know it'll be funny.

I think my favorite storyline so far was the "There's always money in the banana stand."

This show is really growing on me. I wasn't TOO sure after the first episode, but now it's getting into its groove.

GOB, the older son, is hilarious. "Ta-da!"

I wasn't too sure about the show either but now I'm loving it. I think it's one of the funniest things on TV.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast