+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Some bad news today regarding AD.

Fox has decided that "Not Without My Daughter" will be the final episode of the season, and will not air "Let 'Em Eat Cake" as the finale, as originally produced and planned. The show is still up in the air for next season, and this is a bad sign.

Erg! John, that's horrid news. at Fox. Why they think we'd rather see "When Animals Attack XIV" or whatever is beyond me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Newbie
    Why can't they move it to a better night? These idiots at Fox always move the decent shows against powerhouses like Survivor, Alias, and others. How can they build up an audience that way? Aaggh! Makes me so mad! First 'Wonderfalls" and now this!

They need to move it to Monday at 8 or 8:30, or they need to move wednesday American Idol to 8, and give Arrested Devolopment the 8:30 timeslot, or they need to have Friday night have comedies all night (like at the begining of the season) and Put Arrested Devolpment ther.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Some bad news today regarding AD.

Fox has decided that "Not Without My Daughter" will be the final episode of the season, and will not air "Let 'Em Eat Cake" as the finale, as originally produced and planned. The show is still up in the air for next season, and this is a bad sign.
    Well, that just sucks. Jason Bateman was on Last Call with Carson Daly last week and said they're very close to the cut-off line for getting renewed. They just need a few more viewers. So everybody pass the word to watch the finale! (Anybody know any Neilsen families? )
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    This show reminds me a lot of "Sports Night" a couple of years ago (although A.D. is more "wacky"), which was a fabulous show, but people just couldn't keep with it.
    I was a HUGE (and that doesn't even aptly describe it!) Sports Night fan. The best show EVER on television!! EVER!! Arrested Development is an amazing show, but I'm not surprised Fox isn't going to renew it. Jason Bateman? Who'da thought he could be the straightman so successfully. The cast is amazing, the writing is amazing, but yeah, the timeslot isn't the greatest. And as for it being a serial, I've missed an episode here and there (due to forgetfulness on my part!) and it hasn't mattered at all. RH's voiceover got me up to speed and even if I wasn't, the show was still tremendously entertaining and funny. Damn Fox. Damn all the networks for thinking all viewers are dumb and just want Friends clones all the time. Damn, damn, damn.

I can't believe that was the finale. I need closure dammit!!

They showed previews though...
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

FORT Fogey
    Woah- just discovered this thread. I LOVE this show and I can't believe that was the season (and possibly series) finale! Stupid Fox. I think it should go to Mondays, there is nothing else on. Please please please renew AD!! PLEASE

I read that there is a possibility that if FOX doesn't renew, that Ron Howard will shop around to a new station to carry on AD. I just want more AD and am waiting patiently for the AD dvd, if and when there is one.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    I read that there is a possibility that if FOX doesn't renew, that Ron Howard will shop around to a new station to carry on AD. I just want more AD and am waiting patiently for the AD dvd, if and when there is one.
    I learned my lesson with Sports Night, but just in case, I did go to the Fox website and sent a message begging them to show episode #22 and to renew the series for next year. This is much too good to let it get away like this. I'm so sick of the networks keeping dribble like Still Standing or Hope and Faith but dumping gems like AD.

+ Reply to Thread