+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Per tvguide.com http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

SHOWTIME FOR THE BLUTHS?: The New York Post hears brand-new buzz that Showtime has not only picked up Fox's canceled Arrested Development but has ordered a full 26 episodes.

Oh please let it be so!

I was putting off watching the final 4 episodes because I knew I'd be sad. But I watched them the other day and I was, once again, bewildered at how such a great show has gone unnoticed.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

If so, I am going to have to think twice about cancelling Showtime. I was just about to pull the trigger on that, but if they make an announcement, I'll be staying.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I also hope this is true! I even changed my avatar in hopes they could make some more magic with that show.

I am a little concerned though because FOX has not officially canceled the show and I didn't think it could be sold until it was canceled or released. Hopefully we will get some answers soon.

All I can say is wahhhhhh

From today's Ask Ausiello at tvguide.com

Question: Any news on Showtime picking up Arrested Development? Anne

Ausiello: By now you've probably heard: Mitch Hurwitz has decided not to continue on as show runner for reasons both financial and creative (Entertainment News 3/28). And since Arrested Development without Mitch Hurwitz is like the Smurf Village without Papa, it's probably safe to cue the fat lady.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    I first read about this Tuesday.
    The only glimmer of hope now is the small possibility of a movie.
    Look at us. . .crying like a couple of girls. . .on the last day of camp!
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Funny how FOX cancels it after Mitch Hurwitz decides not to carry on, when Showtime stated they would only pick it up with Mitch still attached.

I guess they felt that there was no threat of AD moving away, so they just cut it.

To my fellow AD fans, if you are withdrawing badly and jonesing for any kind of AD-related fix, I just read that Bravo will be running a marathon of an unaired Jason Bateman series called The Jake Effect, which also features Nikki Cox and Kyle Gass (whom I love, from Tenacious D). It's seven episodes of the show which were produced but never aired because NBC yanked it before it even began. I'm really anxious to see it.

You can see the schedule for the marathon on the Bravo website.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Hurrah! Especially for someone like me with no cable, but unlimited Internet.

Three times the Arrested Development
    By Colin Mahan - TV.com
    July 26, 2006 at 03:20:00 PM | more stories by this author

Fox licenses axed cult comedy to MSN and cable outlets HDNet and G4.

The Bluth family will return.

In a first-of-its-kind deal, Fox has licensed all 53 episodes of its much-loved comedy Arrested Development to MSN, HD Net, and G4. This is the first time a Web portal has grabbed rights to a recent show, and the first time a show will run simultaneously on the Web and cable.

MSN and HDNet will begin airing the show in September, and each has a three-year rights window. MSN will offer the show free to its subscribers and plans on creating a community-driven Web space around the show. HDNet will air the series in high definition.

G4 will begin running Arrested in October, also with a three-year window.

Arrested Development told the tale of the highly dysfunctional Bluth family, headed by prison-bound George (Jeffrey Tambor) and held together by long-suffering Michael (Jason Bateman). The series ran on Fox for three seasons and always attained critical acclaim, winning the Emmy for best comedy in 2004. It never received high ratings, though, and Fox pulled the plug this year.
    http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=5534
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Bumping to remind everyone that Season 3 was released on DVD today. Darn my job for keeping me away from the AD marathon I would like to watch tomorrow!
    I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

+ Reply to Thread