+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Yes, we wouldn't want the vodka to go bad.

Great episodes. If this is it, it went out with a bang. I didn't like that Lindsay turns out to be adopted, but what can you do?

I'll be interested to see what the ratings are.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi View Post
    Yes, we wouldn't want the vodka to go bad.

Great episodes. If this is it, it went out with a bang. I didn't like that Lindsay turns out to be adopted, but what can you do?

I'll be interested to see what the ratings are.
    Oh I LOVED everything about these four episodes, along with the whole series. Lindsey being adopted was just great, especially Bluth like that that's all the news she needed to decide she was going to marry Michael! Hilarious!

I hope this show doesn't end up on Showtime. I don't get Showtime and I can't afford the price of the package on DirecTV that would get me Showtime!

I'm okay with it if the show moves to Showtime as long as the seasons still get released on DVD. That way I can still keep up with it even though I can't afford to get premium cable channels.

I really liked the finale - Onyong (or however it's spelled) finally showed up again and we got to see why he was hiding in the secret room. It's also funny how everyone but Michael knew about the secret room!

There were a few storylines that didn't get totally wrapped up enough for me but still a great ending to a great show.

I have been too sad to come in here and post. I can't believe it is over! The final two hours of the Bluths was awesome. How can people not watch this show?

I was 100% uncomfortable when Lindsey came onto Michael after she found out she was adopted and then GOB came onto her to make Michael jealous. Also the running Judge Reinhold (sp?) joke through all the episodes. It was a great way to go out, hopefully it will not be the end.

FORT Fogey

Question Regarding Available DVDs

Anyone else put the DVDs on their Christmas lists?
    I admit that I've seen only one or two episodes of this wonderful series because I just didn't have time to get into it when it first aired.

What I've seen, though, I've really enjoyed, and I went over to my local Blockbuster Video the other day to rent the episodes on video.

Little did I know that Blockbuster Video rents only DVDs now!!! I'm so clueless.

Anyway, lucky for me my snazzy new laptop has a DVD player on it, which I will use until I get around to buying one for my home (which'll be later this summer).

I went online and reserved the first two seasons on DVD from my local library.

My question for you guys who know this series so well (Qbie, MissF, SnowyGirl): how many episodes were there, altogether?

From my library I've reserved:

Season One:
    #1-6
    #7-14
    #15-22

and

Season Two:
    #1-6
    #7-12
    #13-18.

Is this all there is??

Thanks

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Pom, that's all that is out on DVD right now. Season 3 just ended, so it'll be at least a little while until that is available.

Season 2 only goes up to 18 episodes. In fact, there is an episode of the show that talks about how the Bluth housing order was cut from 22 to 18 houses--a direct comment on Fox's shortening of Season 2.

FORT Fogey
    THANKS, PhoneGrrrl!!! I had no idea of what's available, so I'm glad to know I've ordered all of them.

I'm looking forward to laughing for hours and hours on my commutes to and from my office!!

It's pretty cool having a DVD player, after all these years. One of these days I'll break down and buy a CD player, too!

There are/were only 53 episodes. Much, much too few.

I highly recommend watching them and, if you can, in order. They are all great episodes on their own, but sometimes they make references to earlier episodes and you can just appreciate it that much more.

Happy viewing.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

FORT Fogey
    There are/were only 53 episodes. Much, much too few.

I highly recommend watching them and, if you can, in order. They are all great episodes on their own, but sometimes they make references to earlier episodes and you can just appreciate it that much more.

Happy viewing.
    I appreciate that advice, Miss Filangi!!! On those couple of occasions when I tuned it I was painfully aware of how "out of the loop" I was for not seeing earlier episodes, so I just gave up trying to get caught up on TV.

I have a plan for how I'll watch them in order on the computer, but I'm sure it'll work out and I'm really looking forward to enjoying this neat show!!

Take care!!!

Some of my favourite episodes, where you aren't going to feel like you're missing anything are....

1. Pier Pressure (from the first season)
    2. Afternoon Delight (from second season)
    3. Motherboy XXX (from second season)

+ Reply to Thread