+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

LG.
    well I'm pulling for ABC to nab it, as I don't get Showtime. Either network would be better than nothing, though, as new shows would get made and the DVD would come out eventually.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I concur, L.G. I don't get Showtime, but still! I'll be happy if it's rescued, period. But gooooo ABC!

More back-up for Phonegrrl's post, from:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051214/en_nm/arrested_dc

Showtime may rescue 'Arrested Development' By Nellie Andreeva
    Wed Dec 14, 3:47 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Will the pay-TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development," which just got canceled by Fox?

Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks to pick up the comedy about a chaotic family. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett.

"Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never pulled in much of a crowd, even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13.

Representatives for Showtime, and the series' producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV declined comment late Tuesday.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I like AD, I really do, but not enough to pay the high premiums for pay tv and to rent a cable box. I guess if it gets picked up by Showtime I'll have to catch any future seasons on DVD.

So can we start some kind of email campaign to get ABC to seriously consider this? (I don't get Showtime either. )
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I agree. With the high prices I pay for cable tv, I do not choose to subscribe to any pay-per-month channels. If one is going to subscribe to digital cable, one should get all available channels, except for pay-per-view, included.

I'll take any of them because both have their pros and cons:
    Showtime:
    -Sure it costs money to get the channels, but the likelihood of cancellation is much slimmer than the alternative.

ABC:
    -A lot more people get ABC but what are the chances that it will not suffer the same fate that it is going through on FOX.

I don't care where it goes, just as long as it is saved by some channel.

Don't forget to watch the new AD on tonight. It sounds funny, the TV description says that Michael gives GOB his own banana stand to keep him out of the business.
    I loves me some GOB!

Yay for your Avatar, Yardgnome!

Anyone else put the DVDs on their Christmas lists?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    My favorite moment from last night:

Tobias: "Bob Loblaw's law blog...well, sir, you're a mouthful."

But the videos boxes of BoyFight were great too--I had to pause each one to read the whole box b/c the "Baby Buster" portions were so worth the effort.

Somebody better pick up this show!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    My favorite moment from last night:

Tobias: "Bob Loblaw's law blog...well, sir, you're a mouthful."

But the videos boxes of BoyFight were great too--I had to pause each one to read the whole box b/c the "Baby Buster" portions were so worth the effort.

Somebody better pick up this show!!!!
    I loved it too. Me and hubby looked at each other, and practiced saying "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog" for the rest of the evening. The Boyfight movies were just roll on the floor funny. Please, ABC! Pick this show up!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread