+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

I thought both episodes were a riot. Skip's Scramble just cracks me up for some odd reason.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    Last night's double dose of AD was hilarious. Julia Louis Dreyfus was very funny and I enjoyed having her back on the show. This is seriously one of the best shows on TV and I can't believe they might get rid of it. Stupid Fox :phhht

I second your emotion on the sheer stupidity of the FOX network for dropping production on this. Anyone hear any updates on whether another net might pick it up? *looks up hopefully*

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Skip's Scramble just cracks me up for some odd reason.
    I too was dying laughing over the Skip's Scramble. And it's the kind of thing that, in real life, if I saw it on a menu, I would totally order it.

How cute is Buster with that hook hand, BTW? I also really love David Cross's and Portia DeRossi's strange little relationship.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Did anyone catch the episode on tonight, Motherboy XXX? I thought it was really funny, I loved the Burger King sponsorship piece! I was also happy to see the return of Carl Weathers. Also at the end, the previews for next week were hilarious.

Ok, last nights episode had me and Seriously, I have laughed at AD before, but not like I did last night! When Buster fell through the glass roof... The little kid trying to escape "Motherboy"....

Bill-Refresh my memory....what is Skip's Scramble?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Bill can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was a big skillet fry of everything on the restaurant menu. All these waiters have to lug the gigantic thing out, and whenever they did, I went hysterical.

Last night's episode (not unlike a Skip's Scramble) was a gut-buster! You know what sent me through the roof (and I kept pointing it out to everyone in the room with me, but they really didn't seem to care as much) was the fact that when they were doing the Burger King product placement scene, the poster on the restaurant window was facing IN (you know how when you sit in a restaurant, they have promo posters, but really they ought to be facing out to lure customers inside?). Am I the only who found that hilarious?
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fanatic
    This show Rawks! Motherboy was such an awesome episode - my two favorite uber-subtle parts where when the Fonz made the Burger King plug and then literally jumped the shark, and when the show gave a little shout-out to the lawsuit with the band Arrested Development with their disclaimer: Motherboy was also a band that rocked pretty hard in the 70s.
    We're legally obligated to tell you that.

Plus - when Buster says Hey Campers! when Maeby is telling the story at the promised Land in the "coming next week" bit, and when Buster grabs that kid in the sailor suit thinking it's George Michael and then recoils and gasps, "Ah, it's red!"

Thanks for pointing the subtler things out, DagnyTaggart, I'd have missed those entirely.

There is a band named Arrested Development?

FORT Fanatic
    I didn't catch the Jump the Shark bit until a coworker pointed it out. I catch the stupid things - like Tobias' DR HOUSE license plate.
    You don't remember Arrested Development? They were huge in the 90s - sung Tennessee and Mr. Wendal. Here's a link to an article about the lawuit. http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1067350993925 - There was a similar case between In Living Color the band and the TV Show with the J-Lo Fly Girls.

Oh duh! *smacks forehead* Of course I remember them. I guess I got cornfused because I was picturing them as a glam/KISS affair a la Motherboy.

+ Reply to Thread