+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    I can't believe how far down this thread has dropped! I just wanted to say that I receive the Arrested Development DVD's for Christmas and they are awesome. It is so much fun to go back and watch all the past episodes and listen to the commentary. This show is easily one of my favorites on television, I even changed my avatar to reflect my love of Buster!
    I'm so glad you pulled this back up, yardgnome! We also bought the DVD set of the first season, and we're soooo enjoying it! Did you watch the pilot ep with commentary? I absolutely love the subtle jokes throughout. It's fun to try to spot them after watching the show a couple times. Cracks me up how "On the next Arrested Development" clips are never actually IN the next episode! Notice T-bone was a totally different person in the second ep, some white guy, as opposed to the original black guy. It's like the creators are having fun with us, their audience, testing us or something. LOVE IT! "No touching!!!"

George Michael should have been nominated for an award! That kid is brilliant!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    George Michael should have been nominated for an award! That kid is brilliant!

I agree Rumpshaker- Michael Cera (George Michael Bluth) is a comedy genius. It's really hard for me to choose, but I think George Micheal may be my favorite character right now!

And, how great is it that Jason Bateman was nominated for a Golden Globe? He's come a long way since his Silver Spoons days!

Jason was also brilliant as the color commentator in the classic love story, Dodgeball.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Just had to say a big "Congratulations" to Jason Bateman for winning the Golden Globe tonight for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Musical or Comedy.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Upcoming media appearances:

Tonight on Conan O'Brien - Jeffrey Tambor (George Sr./Oscar)
    Tomorrow on Jimmy Kimmel - Will Arnett (GOB)

Next week:
    Thurs. Feb. 10 on Conan - Jason Bateman (Michael)
    Fri. Feb. 11 on Tony Danza - Liza Minnelli (Lucille #2)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Thanks for bumping the thread and for the info, Qboots, even though all those shows come on too late for me.
    I'm watching this season religiously, and while I think the last few episodes haven't been as funny as some past ones, it's still far better than almost anything else on. These characters could read the phone book and it would crack me up.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Upcoming media appearances:

Tonight on Conan O'Brien - Jeffrey Tambor (George Sr./Oscar)
    Tomorrow on Jimmy Kimmel - Will Arnett (GOB)

Next week:
    Thurs. Feb. 10 on Conan - Jason Bateman (Michael)
    Fri. Feb. 11 on Tony Danza - Liza Minnelli (Lucille #2)

Thanks for the update Qboots, but now I'm kicking myself that I didn't see it in time to catch Will Arnett on Jimmy Kimmel. He is always a good time on talk shows. Hopefully it will air again soon.

I was kind of half asleep when it was on, but I remember him joking about getting in trouble with 'real' magicians, since he's such a bad magician on the show. He talked about having a bi-coastal marriage, and his usual date for award shows is David Cross. (Tobias)

I had to bump this thread up to plead with other Forters to please, please, please watch this show! It seems like it's on very shaky ground and may not get picked up for a third season. If this happens, I just don't know what I'll do without my weekly Gob and Buster fix!

I agree, EVERYONE WATCH AND SAVE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

It grows on you.

+ Reply to Thread