+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Buster's army uniform WAS hysterical! I loved the Peanuts music accompanying all the guys hanging their heads and walking away for whatever depressing reason. I love the continued use of the crazy foreshadowing music when Uncle Oscar implies he's Buster's father. That montage of all the things that Gob did with his assistant before he found out the assistant was gay (the chair thing in particular) ....Poof! Magazine....all soooo funny & too much to list. There were other little subtle things that were great, but I didn't want to laugh too much because I was afraid I'd miss the next joke. I gotta start taping it!

I love this show. My favorite part this week was when Buster asked if you could wear stripper clothes when you weren't stripping, and Gob ripped off his pants. It was silly, but it just cracked me up.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

This show is so excellent, it has me in hysterics every single second. The only thing is there is so much funny stuff going on, I have no idea where to start. So it's actually hard for me to post about. Like PhoneGrrrl said, taping might be a good idea to help catch/remember everything.

Let me see what else I can remember:
    • The fact that ICE is not just a bounty hunter, but also a caterer.
    • Lindsay's "Slut" shirt.
    • Buster: "You mean you can wear stripper clothes when you're not a stripper?"
      G.O.B.: *rips-away trousers* "You tell me."
    • The discovery of Saddam Bluthsein in the hole.

Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I love every episode of this show, but last night was incredibly funny. I have it on Tivo thank gosh.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Also, did you notice that the first scene with the Peanuts music had a big red dog house with a white dog sleeping on it in the background?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Also, did you notice that the first scene with the Peanuts music had a big red dog house with a white dog sleeping on it in the background?
    Yes! That was so hysterical! This show is brilliant! Absolutely one of my favorites. It's such clever writing, and the acting is hilarious, and I love the continuing subtle gags show after show.

It's probably already been mentioned upthread, but I crack up at the end of each show when Ron Howard will narrate "On the next episode of Arrested Development ..." and they'll show a few scenes, but the funny thing is those scenes are never in the next week's show. (sorry if it's already been mentioned)

We bought Season One on DVD and you can listen to the commentary during the pilot show and it's really, really great. I love the insider info you get from DVD commentary.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    No, dangit!!! This is precisely why I need to record this show! It's just jam-packed with goodness that warrants repeated viewing.

Thanks for pointing that out, Bill.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ok, Rump, I never noticed about the scenes not being on there.

But I did notice the Snoopy dog on the doghouse

I'm going to have to start taping this too, I totally missed the Snoopy house.
    This is the only site I've found with references to season two: it has transcripts, pictures, etc. And yes, I'm nerdy enough and in-love-with-this-show enough to get a kick out of transcripts.
    http://the-op.com/ref/episode.php?season=2
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I can't believe how far down this thread has dropped! I just wanted to say that I receive the Arrested Development DVD's for Christmas and they are awesome. It is so much fun to go back and watch all the past episodes and listen to the commentary. This show is easily one of my favorites on television, I even changed my avatar to reflect my love of Buster!

+ Reply to Thread