+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I noticed (or rather...my TIVO noticed) that in addition to the finale episode which airs on Sunday at 8:30, the pilot of the show is running at 9:30. So I did a search and got the following information which makes me think that they'll be running the entire first season sequentially during the summer to capture folks who weren't lucky enough to see it the first time around. I think I mised the first 3 episodes, so I am thrilled if this is the case.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/Columnists.nsf/0/9220AA1188A7A2C086256E9A00695E 9C?OpenDocument&Headline='Arre sted+Development'+returns+to+F ox
    The sigh-of-relief news: One of those lineups includes "Arrested Development," the Ron Howard-produced comedy that has built a small but passionate audience on Sunday nights. "Arrested" returns in November to its 8:30 p.m. Sunday time slot and will also air in repeats this summer.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I wish it were getting a different time slot (8:30 listed above is in Central time, it's 9:30 Eastern). It conflicts with Alias AND Sopranos, and loses the battle of being third in a house capable of recording 2 things.

In case you've missed the commercials, please note that FOX will be airing "the missing episode", "Let Them Eat Cake", this Sunday 6/6 at 8:30pm Eastern.

Since this doesn't conflict with Alias or the Sopranos finale, you MUST WATCH.

And Sunday at 9:30, set your VCR's to catch the re-airing of the pilot episode, which will catch you up on how this all started. The entire season of AD will re-air Sundays at 9:30pm Eastern, beginning this Sunday.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm all over this. And can't wait to see the first several eps on rerun that I missed last year.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I think this is one of Fox's best shows.Looking forward to Sunday's season finale.

I only started watching this towards the end, so I'm glad I'll be able to catch the ones I missed.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

'Arrested' Has Grip on TV Critics Kudos

Fri Jun 4, 1:06 AM ET
    By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox's struggling freshman comedy "Arrested Development" reaffirmed its status as the critical darling of the 2003-04 season with a leading five nominations for the 2004 Television Critics Assn.'s awards.

Perennial favorites HBO's "The Sopranos" and Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" snagged four nominations each, with another freshman series, HBO's "Deadwood," and the HBO miniseries "Angels in America" next on the list, raking in three mentions each.

HBO led the network pack with a total of 14 nominations, followed by Fox with nine and NBC with five.

Joining "Arrested Development," "The Sopranos," "The Daily Show" and "Angels in America" in the top category of program of the year was NBC's hit reality show "The Apprentice."

"Arrested Development" and "The Daily Show" were also up for best comedy series along with HBO's "Sex and the City" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and BBC America's "The Office."

It's a dark drama series field, with "The Sopranos" and "Deadwood" facing off with FX's "The Shield," HBO's "The Wire" and Fox's "24."

In the acting categories, the critics will choose among Larry David ("Curb Your Enthusiasm"), Ricky Gervais ("The Office"), Jon Stewart ("The Daily Show") and Jason Bateman and Jeffrey Tambor ("Arrested Development") on the comedy side and among Kiefer Sutherland ("24"), Ian McShane ("Deadwood"), Al Pacino ("Angels in America") and Edie Falco and James Gandolfini ("The Sopranos") on the drama side.

"Arrested Development's" fifth citation is in the best new program category, where it will compete with "Deadwood," CBS' "Joan of Arcadia" and Fox's "The O.C." and "Wonderfalls."

Not over yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I wish it were getting a different time slot (8:30 listed above is in Central time, it's 9:30 Eastern). It conflicts with Alias AND Sopranos, and loses the battle of being third in a house capable of recording 2 things.
    new episodes of Alias wont be on until January 05 again, according to Entertainment Weekly. you shoudl be able to squeeze Arrested Development in.

WOOHOO, great news! I know what I'll be watching this Sunday night!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread