+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "First Snowfall" - 11/21 - Sally's Back!

"First Snowfall" - 11/21 - Sally's Back!

First Snowfall

60 min.
    Sally Field returns to the role that won her a guest-actress Emmy.
    Field is back for four episodes as Abby's bipolar mother, Maggie, who resurfaces after Abby's brother Eric (Tom Everett Scott) is arrested for going AWOL from the Air Force. The trio shares a less-than-loving reunion at Eric's Omaha military base, where old wounds and ugly accusations lead Maggie to spill a brutal truth about Eric's battle with mental illness---and why the terminally bitter Abby was kept in the dark about it. Back in Chicago, a blizzard hampers Nathan and Corday's desperate attempt to save a family torn apart by a drunk driver. Nathan: Don Cheadle. Harkins: Leslie Bibb.

Not a bad episode. I'm not a big Carter/Abby fan, but it was sweet how he showed up at the end.

The storyline with the drunk driver and the family of victims broke my heart. Glad to see Nathan finally got some respect for what he DOES do right and that he and Corday reached an understanding. I guess that means Don Cheadle's gone now, but I did enjoy his storyline.

Now they can focus on the others...
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I really wanted to see Nathan ram that stethoscope down the drunks throat.He was a great character and i hope they will bring him back a few more times.I like Carter/Abby but i am tired of them spending soo much time on her relationships with her family and not enough time on the main actors.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

I know! There was absolutely NO follow up with Luka and the hooker or Kerry and the pregnancy. It's really becoming the Abby Lockhart hour.

Where has Pratt been? (I'm sure 8 Mile might have had something to do with it, but he's disappeared!)

Please give Chen a storyline. And Susan. And Gallant. WTF was that last night? Gallant drops everything to help Abby and she's a witch to him?

And now Noah Wyle is threatening to leave. I can't imagine why, he's the only other character aside from Abby that they write for.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

LG.
    ok, and the snow thing was ridiculous. When it snows in Chicago (just like in Minneapolis and every other city where it typically snows in the winter) the city starts running the plows as soon as it starts to accumulate and keeps the main roads clear so that they don't get buried, dumbasses, and you can bet that the facilities dept of the hospital would have cleared that ER bay 52 times in the 7 hours of the blizzard because it's a frickin' EMERGENCY ROOM in a public county hospital and ambulances and people need to get through. As a lifelong Northerner I was stupified that they would try to convince viewers that people in Chicago don't know how to deal with snow. Good grief, excessive snow has only closed the airport here in the Twin Cities once or twice in the whole time I've lived here, and then only for a couple hours, the AIRPORT, and you can bet the main streets are passable too. It's the pesky little city streets that will get you buried up to your eyeballs.

about the rest of the episode, I liked Corday's role this week. She had good interaction with Nathan and with the dad who lost most of his family, which was really sad. I really liked Nathan's role and hope he comes back to the show. Abby's mom, meh.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I haven't cried through an episode of ER like this for some time. The family storyline was so tragic I was bawling like a baby within the first 10 minutes.

I love Gallant...I can't believe they didn't do more with him in the Abby storyline. And I may be the one and only person that likes the Carter/Abby romance...I cried again when he showed up at the end.

Although I am sick of Abby's family, her brother, Tom Everett Scott (who I just love from the movie That Thing You Do), looked absolutely delicious in his AF uniform.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Aha, The Abby Hour.
    Now you will know why I didn't watch it

I know she has a lot to deal with in this show blah blah blah, but jeez crack a freakin' smile once in a while will yah?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow LG!

I get all excited when LG gets fired up like that!
    It's like boob-tube foreplay! (ok..sorry if thats over the line)

That can't be it for Don cheadle!
    I read he had 4 episodes..was that the 4th? Just toss your gloves to the floor and walk out???? Nooo..that is so wrong.

Maybe the scope in the ear of the young girl made him realize he can't make it as a working doctor (this isn't news....to any of you, just stating it) and they are leaving the door open to bring him back as some kind of Crises Manager. He has some medical skills and super humanaterian skills. Would be nice if they found a niche like that for him.

Did Pratts brother really have the winning ticket to the lotto? If so they handled it wrong..a local win would have added conversation for those who did have tickets. But with nothing being said it seems that he didn't.

Gallant is a good guy, to just drop what he's doing and fly to podunk was pretty cool.

Sally Field...loved her in a habit as the flying nun. Went thru teenage angst over her as Gidget. But appearing as Abbies mom does nothing for me.

I stayed clear of this forum cause we tape it and watch it with the family on the weekend.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

LG.
    Hey no problem with me Perc. I get all fired up when people in Hollywood like to tell everyone that Northern US is some type of Ice Age all winter and people can't get to the damn ER when they're having a heart attack or whatever. Maybe it keeps some people from moving here, who knows.

I think that was it for Don Cheadle's role unless they decide to bring him back. Your idea about a crisis manager is a good one, Perc, I wonder if that could be a full-time job in a hospital like County General? Pratt wasn't in the episode so they completely forgot his whole plot line. Gallant, everytime I see his name it reminds me of Jane Austen novels, as she named one of her heros Knightley and he was as nobel as Gallant, what a great name for this character. Pratt sound suspiciously like Bratt, but I like him too, he just isn't trying to be gallant. Sally Field, "you like me you really like me" just not in this role. She should try being a runaway bride who takes a ride with Burt Reynolds in a T-bird, as that was rather amusing way back in the Smokey and the Bandit days.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

True about Smokey and the Bandit, I was just confining my comments to TV!

I would think a Crises Manager in a city hospital located in such a large city would be a necessity. He could help with patients who have to sign DNRs (Do Not Resucitate orders), Council families regarding transplants and donors. Assist in such things as that young girl 2 weeks ago who had sex with multiple partners while on pills.

He could even involve himself in the relationship between Pratt and his brother...kinda that kindly father figure.

And maybe Bitch-Slap Luka for his abuse of women!

I believe there is a role for him if he wants in. As jodare(sp) mentioned..he could be reluctant as he wants to move on to bigger and better things..and I can't fault that. But he would be missed.

Was a welcome charactor for 4 weeks.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast