+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thandie Newton does guest-stint on ER 11/20

Thandie Newton does guest-stint on ER 11/20

FILM STAR THANDIE NEWTON MAKES RARE TV GUEST APPEARANCE ON “ER” BEGINNING NOVEMBER 20

FILM STAR THANDIE NEWTON MAKES RARE TV GUEST APPEARANCE OVER ARC OF EPISODES ON NBC’S “ER” AS CARTER’S NEW LOVE BEGINNING NOVEMBER 20

Star of “Mission: Impossible 2” Portrays Makemba “Kem” Likasu, a Congolese Health Administrator Who Treats AIDS Patients

BURBANK - November 18, 2003 - Film star Thandie Newton (“Mission: Impossible II”) makes a rare TV appearance when she guest-stars on NBC’s “ER” (Thursdays, 10-11 p.m. ET) as a beautiful health administrator who treats AIDS patients in the Congo where she falls in love with Dr. John Carter (Noah Wyle) -- and accompanies him back to Chicago. Newton will be featured in multiple episodes beginning Thursday, Nov. 20 (10-11 p.m. ET).

Newton will play Makemba “Kem” Likasu, a woman of mixed European and African descent who works as an administrator in the Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ministry of Heath, where she runs an anti-retroviral therapy project with HIV and AIDS patients in the capital city of Kinshasa.

"I've been a fan of Thandie Newton's work for many years,” said John Wells, Emmy Award-winning executive producer of the series who wrote the first episode of the arc. “She's a remarkable young talent and we're delighted she agreed to join us for several episodes.”

Newton is perhaps best known for her starring role opposite Tom Cruise in “Mission: Impossible 2.” In 1998, she received rave reviews for her performance as the title character in Jonathan Demme's 1998 adaptation of Toni Morrison's novel, "Beloved," co-starring Oprah Winfrey and Danny Glover. She most recently starred opposite Mark Wahlberg in Jonathan Demme's contemporary romantic thriller "The Truth About Charlie.”

Earlier, Newton also appeared as a troubled singer opposite Tupac Shakur and Tim Roth in Vondie Curtis-Hall's comedy-drama, "Gridlock'd," and won critics' praise as the exiled wife of an African leader in Bernardo Bertolucci's "Besieged." She recently wrapped production on the feature "Shade" for first-time director Damian Nieman and appeared opposite Gabriel Byrne and Stuart Townsend as well as "The Chronicles of Riddick," opposite Vin Diesel and Dame Judi Dench.

Born to a Zimbabwean mother and an English father, Newton was raised in Zambia until she was 3 years old. Due to political unrest in the country, her family then relocated to England. At 16, while studying modern dance at the London Art Educational School, she won the lead role in John Duigan's critically acclaimed 1990 coming-of-age film, "Flirting.” After completing the film, Newton returned to England to continue her education, while also acting in feature films for some of Hollywood's most acclaimed directors, including Neil Jordan's "Interview with the Vampire" and James Ivory's "Jefferson in Paris."

“ER” is a production of Constant c Productions and Amblin Television in association with Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. Christopher Chulack, Michael Crichton and John Wells are the executive producers. The series was created by Michael Crichton.

hm interesting. I must say, I've missed Dr. Carter... btu you know what this means... llllllllooooooongg camera shots of Abby looking miserable. :rolleyes

So everyone who goes to Africa comes home with a girlfriend? Maybe thats what the Average Joe's should try
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

John Carter's new love

...especially if the African looks like Thandie!

Can't wait to see Abby's face when John shows up with this beauty on his arm.......

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    hm interesting. I must say, I've missed Dr. Carter... btu you know what this means... llllllllooooooongg camera shots of Abby looking miserable. :rolleyes

So everyone who goes to Africa comes home with a girlfriend? Maybe thats what the Average Joe's should try

ick! has anyone seen the movie beloved? i can't imagine that freaky chic being involved with carter.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

+ Reply to Thread