+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Shadows

Dark Shadows

Has anyone seen this show before? I realize it's pretty old. It's on Sci-fi in the mornings, I think. My mom really likes the series, so she bought some of the DVD sets. I've been watching them, and I think they're really good. Sure, some of the reactions, looks, and expressions are a bit conry...and the music too. But, I was just watching...and Barnabas really really creeped me out when he invaded this woman's dreams and went into her room at night.

I used to love watching Dark Shadows as a kid, haven't seen it in years. We used to have to sneak around to watch it because our parents thought it was too racy for us. Barnabas is a creepy guy, the whole show was great, Thinking I gotta check out these DVDs.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Mdrio, that show was on way before you were thought of. I remember it being on when I got home from school but I never watched it myself.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    A soap opera about vampires....with less than good looking stars....had to watch it at the nieghbors....and the third season got way offffffffff target but as a kid it was appealing...since I saw thunderbirds later and was shocked at how dull it really was....i think i might not be as attracted to it anymore

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    Hi,

It was a show that was on when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's, but I never really watched it then...it was too creepy at the time for me. Like you, I have recently started watching it on the Sci Fi Channel, and I am now recording it so that I can keep up with the story line. It is more goofy looking now than scary, but I think that is the fun part in watching it. The cheesy music and dramatics as well as watching for the occasional flubbed lines and prop problems makes it still worth a look.

It kind of reminds me of a really bad high school play at times, but I bet for it's day, it was ok. I am not really a fan of vampire stories, but there is enough unintentional comic moments in the show to hold my interest.

+ Reply to Thread