+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11/21 - "Fury"

11/21 - "Fury"

THIRD WATCH
    FURY
    11-21-2003 10:00PM

VENGEFUL CRUZ, BOSCO CLOSE IN ON MURDEROUS BIKER WHO ALWAYS SEEMS JUST BEYOND THEIR REACH --A reluctant Cruz (Tia Texada) and Bosco (Jason Wiles) work with the FBI as they doggedly pursue the elusive, drug-dealing biker (guest star Timothy Devlin) who killed her sister but the new information from their criminal informant (guest star Glenn Fleshler) only jeopardizes more lives in a spree of gunfire and mayhem.

Meanwhile, supervisor Doc (Michael Beach) suddenly reappears for a shift on the street and demands the keys to an emergency bus as he re-teams with Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) -- who receives grievous medical news about his baby daughter whom he gave up for adoption. Coby Bell, Kim Raver and Skipp Sudduth also star.

Oh no, not Carlos' baby. Leave her out of it.

*gasp* Cruddola! Bad! Evil! If they kill her I will be VERY UNHAPPY!

Something tells me Doc doesn't like his desk job . . .
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Ooh, Doc is really starting to scare me now.

Loved the music choice in the montage at the end; always leaves me teary at the end.

Amazing how Cruz has started to change. Here's hopin' the trend continues! Texada's great at playing the bitch, but even that vein can become tiresome; besides, we'd still have Doc.

Interesting factoid: Why did 'they' decide to cover Cruz's sister's grave-maker/date with the flowers?

And wow, Nieto's daughter -- who may not even be his daughter now, if his bone marrow wasn't a good match -- has grown a bit, wouldn't you say?

Just what sort of timeline are these guys on?!

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

I acutally liked Cruz in this epi. I would have liked to see what ever came of the rapist's beating. It wasn't even mentioned. I agree with you Guardian, you can only play the bitch for so long. Shooting out bad guy's knees was gruesome but I kinda got that 'ha, ha, you deserve what you get' feeling. The thing with the date marker was confusing for me too. Maybe the producers don't want us to know exactly how old Cruz is. Letti was her younger sister but by how much? Thanks to the flowers we are still in the dark.
    I love Bosco.

Doc is off his rocker. Kim did a great job reining him in! She was so unsure of taking the position and now I think she's flourishing in it. Doc needs in patient monitoring in a psych ward!
    So sad about Carlos's baby She sure did age fast, she looks like she was about 3 (and for the record 3 year olds don't belong in a crib, especially with the mattress at such a high level) I was thinking the same as you, Guardian, Kylie isn't Carlos's child. I hope Sully's eye injury isnt too serious. @ Davis teasking him about getting it on with the judge
    No Monroe, No Jimmy, No Yokas (and family)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Considering what the writers have been doing in the past, we may never know what will come of Cruz's rapist.

But with what they showed us in the final moments of that particular episode, one must wonder if they even want to know. It's the whole Hitchcock'ian thing: your mind suggests something worse than what may be happening, and that's the entire point.

Personally, I'd prefer it that way; give the show a cool mysterious tone to it -- well, 'does to me, eh-heh.

I pondered the whole flowers-over-the-date thing a bit more and decided that maybe it is connected to the mysterious fact that Nieto's daughter looks to be about three years old now; with whatever timeline they happen to be on, who knows? Maybe they don't want to show us how far they supposedly are, so that if something tragic happens (ie 9/11), they can quickly "rewind" and pick up in another timeline.

Time-traveling TWits; I like the sound'f that!

Something is going to happen to Doc, or he's gonna do something to someone else --- or maybe he did, by running that biker/shooter over. But I'm thinkin' someone from our beloved crew.

I think Sully will be all right. There was no blood, so I came to the following possible conclusions:

Perhaps passing bullets heat up the air around them a bit (I don't know gun schematics, so do please correct me if I'm wrong), so Sully's face got a taste of a tiny inferno -- maybe. Heat anywhere's gonna hurt, and I think our ocular organs are a bit more sensitive then the rest'f our bodies.

Or maybe it was just the speed of the bullet itself; any moving object creates a gust of wind; ever stand still while a bus roared past? You may not topple over, but there's definitely a force. So just picture a bullet that's just been fired from a gun whizzing past your eyes mere -- what, centimeters? -- away.

hmm good speculation on the bullet theory.. for some reason I thought the bullet hit the door jamb and splintered paint and wood into Sully's eyes, I wish I would have taped it to watch that part again.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread