+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 11/20 - "Freefall"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    ::Shudder::
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG are you sure?? I thought Romano lost his hand when they evacuated the hospital because of the monkey pox. They were sending the last patient out on the helicopter when Romano got too close to the tail prop.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

LG.
    I think you're right, Duxxy, so it was the end of the 2001-2002 season, not the beginning of the 2002-2003 season, so two "seasons" before this helicoptric end in the 2003-2004 November sweeps.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    OK, I will now officially admit that I was WRONG and that Romano is indeed - drum roll - dead, deceased, expired. He has kicked the bucket and bought the farm.

Anybody but me think that they handled it very poorly?

First they build up this whole story line of him struggling with coming to terms with his lost arm. Then he has problems (sometimes comical) with his various prosthetic limbs, he struggles to perform his ER duties, has moments of self-doubt - actually becomes a multi-dimentional charecter who you either love or hate and then bingo. He is crushed like a bug by a helicopter.

First of all, what are the odds than the same person would have not only one - but two major accidents in the work-place dealing with helicopters in the space of about 18 months? You probably have higher odds of winning the lottery AND being struck by lightning in the same time frame.

But they way they handled his post-demise was also troubling. Basically, they just showed a photo of him mixed in with a collage of photos in a group memorial, then not only does no one want to speak the eulogy, pretty much no one showed-up at the memorial service. I wonder if Paul McCrane had some bad blood with the producers to receive such a lack-luster send off.

Also the possibilities with the "camera" from the Thanksgiving episode were endless. I just hope that set-up wasnt simply so that it would explain where the photo displayed in the group memorial of Romano and Corday together in their scrubs came from.

Ah well. I love this show anyway. It is starting to get a little long in the tooth sometimes though. I just hope they dont resort to "jumping the shark". There are a lot of talented actors/actresses on this show (and a few REALLY irritating ones) I just hope they make better use of everyone.

Peace

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree. I don't like that he left, and I don't like the way that it was handled.

I told my husband last night that he was gone and his response was...who the heck is left on that show, he was the last good character.

I tend to agree...I'm about done with it. Without A Trace blows it away. I still Tivo it, but wouldn't be upset if I missed it either.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456