+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/20 - "Freefall"

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I'm afraid I will be the lone wolf with this post.

I really liked Romano . He was such a jerk that he was cool to watch. All the other characters have become so vanilla that he was fun to hate.

I also like Sam. I loved that actress when she was on Freaks and Geeks and I hope I'll like the Sam character when she's developed a little bit more.
    nope, you're not the lone wolf. i really loved watching romano - he was so interesting. and, i like sam, too. although, her kid is annoying.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

“You know this is a one-way street?”
    “I was only going one way!”

I'm sad he's gone.
    He was horrible, but so entertaining to watch.

Once he lost his arm his days at the hospital seemed numbered, as an effective surgeon at least.
    I'm sad they killed him off though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    THANKS DADDIO

On purpose, I didn't watch this episode just because of the destructive nature it appeared to have (on previews) and the fact they promised to kill off a regular... I just wasn't in the mood for all of that, you know? But of course I wanted to hear what happened.

I am actually glad Romano is gone. I was getting sick and tired of his attitude.
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

The helicopter was such a "sharp" way for him to go. They teased us with allowing him to escape down the elevator to later see it coming to him. No Where to run to, no where to hide"

FORT Fogey
    I know that I am stubborn, but I am still waiting to see Romano officially pronounced dead on the show before I begin greiving. They were just starting to fully develop the charector for gosh sakes.

Maybe the charecter just "disappears" leaving a mystery (and open ended opportunity for a future guest appearances), Doug Ross visited after he left the show, Carol Hathaway visited, Benson visited, Susan left the show for a few years and returned, perhaps we will even see new footage of Green in "flash-backs" perhaps initiated by the infamous camera in last weeks episode...precidents have been set.

Still, in a couple of weeks if Romano's body is found and pronounced dead and never to return, please everybody feel free to point to me and say "Told you so Daddio".

On a separate note to actors/actresses. This is a dangerous show to be on people! This is a medical drama and look at all of the charecters that have been killed off or seriously wounded or were diagnosed with serious illness.

1. Lucy Night (Kellie Martin - stabbed to death)
    2. Carter (almost with Lucy - seriouly wounded)
    3. The Nurse (played by Gloria Reuben) who contracted AIDS from her philandering husband - left the show, future uncertain but AIDS is deadly)
    4.Luka (almost died from violence in Africa, was thought dead, was not and then almost died of malaria)
    5. Carter (also had some close calls in Africa - this guy has more lives than a cat!)
    6. Romano (possibly - loses arm last season)
    7. Nurse "X" (in last weeks episode)
    8. Marc Green
    9. Don Cheadle - Parkinsons
    10. Alan Alda - Alzheimers
    11. Sally Field - Bi-polarism, manic depression

Think about it, its funny but this "Medical Drama" has killed off or seriously injured more regular cast members in its decade long run than have these shows which have all had long runs and involve careers that would seem to be more dangerous:

1. M*A*S*H (set in the front lines of a war!) - Col. Blake
    2. NYPD BLUE (Police Drama) - Ricky Shroeder, Jimmy Smits, ADA Costas
    3. Law & Order (Police Drama) - no deaths come to mind
    4. JAG (Military Drama) - no deaths come to mind - Bud loses leg to landmine
    5. Hill Street Blues (Police Drama) - no deaths come to mind - possibly one? JD?

I'm sure there are plenty more. Moral? Watch out for County General!
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-25-2003 at 02:52 PM.

LG.
    don't forget ER character whom I recall was a Surgical Resident with Carter (when he spent the year in Surgery) who threw himself in front of the elevated train. They were paging him to come in and help, and the pager that went off belonged to their faceless patient, and I can't remember his name.

Law and Order has killed off several characters. The first "big" cop, Chris Noth's first partner, trying to remember George Dzunda (sp?) who was on before Paul Sorvino, got shot to death, and ADA Claire Kincaid (Jill Hennessey) was killed by a drunk driver when ironically driving a drunk Lenny Briscole home.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    don't forget ER character whom I recall was a Surgical Resident with Carter (when he spent the year in Surgery) who threw himself in front of the elevated train. They were paging him to come in and help, and the pager that went off belonged to their faceless patient, and I can't remember his name.

Law and Order has killed off several characters. The first "big" cop, Chris Noth's first partner, trying to remember George Dzunda (sp?) who was on before Paul Sorvino, got shot to death, and ADA Claire Kincaid (Jill Hennessey) was killed by a drunk driver when ironically driving a drunk Lenny Briscole home.
    Good catches L.G.! I forgot about Carter's intern.

Re: L&O, I didnt watch the first few seasons - although I have seen many of the episodes in re-runs. I didnt realize that Chris Noth's first partner was killed in action. I just thought he quit the show and his disappearance was explained somehow. That show has been such a revolving door for actors and it is such a good show. But not many people seem to want to stick around. I also didnt know that Jill Hennesy was killed off either. Thanks for the info. It sounds as though there are a few reruns I need to keep an eye out for.

Thanks again!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    The think I liked about Ramano...if there was one thing...was that even though he was an idiot and the sort of guy you really hated to work for....he was so blatent about it that he was trumped by his superiors....the hospital legal staff...some one in a position to keep him at bay....the bosses we don't like seem to win some of them.....

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    kind of wishes some one could leave the show without entering the hospital on the way out.........some people just move on.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast