+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/20 - "Freefall"

One of the best ER episodes I've seen in a long time.

I had heard rumours of Romano leaving the show, so I wasn't that surprised that he was killed. Althought I CERTAINLY didn't see the helicopter landing on him.

I think I was more surprised at how much I liked Abby in this episode.

Oh, and I hate the new nurse with the kid. What is her name? Sam?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I had heard rumours of Romano leaving the show, so I wasn't that surprised that he was killed. Althought I CERTAINLY didn't see the helicopter landing on him.
    Are we certain Romano is dead? I couldn't tell if he was under the helicopter when they lifted it or not. It just looked like debris and the firemen had no sense of urgency nor did they call for a stretcher or body bag or anything. They just seemed to be going about their business.

I thought that maybe he just freaked out (due to a combination of his inability to go up on the roof and the copter crash) and took off somewhere to be by himself until he could regain his composure.

When the helicopter was coming down, it seemed as if he was able to get out of the way - even if just barely.

Anyone else besides me think he isnt dead?

I think he's dead, Daddio. I was hoping it was going to be that Morris kid. He deserved it more. I was kinda hoping that Romano going over to bust the kid was what was going to save him, and eliminate Morris. Oh the irony for Romano's end to come via helicopter.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I think he's dead, Daddio. I was hoping it was going to be that Morris kid. He deserved it more. I was kinda hoping that Romano going over to bust the kid was what was going to save him, and eliminate Morris. Oh the irony for Romano's end to come via helicopter.
    Well, I guess we have to wait at least two-weeks to find out for sure (that is if they will be running a new episode on Dec 4). LOL

I still think Romano isnt dead.

Maybe he will be the second charecter to come back from the dead this season (Luka was of course #1)...actually, he would be #3 if you count Susan's ex husband. Wow thats some strange sense of humour with the writers.

I was sensing that the writers were heading in a direction of Romano/Abby relationship. I just dont think he's dead.

LG.
    Ack, I missed it. Anyone care to give me a brief summary?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Ack, I missed it. Anyone care to give me a brief summary?
    Here ya go

* Episode opens with Abby “killing” trauma unit test dummy
    Abby and Romano share a few glances.

*It’s Thanksgiving in the ER and all sorts of weird patients with wierd injuries show up.

*Susan’s Ex shows up with flowers and asks her to spend the holiday with him.

*Susan gives him the old – “Lets just be friends” speech and basically tosses the flowers on the reception desk counter.

*The ER is also over burdened and short staffed.

*Lousy goateed med-student (intern?) treats glaucoma patient who has been self-medicating with weed.

*Lousy goateed med-student (intern?) steals patients weed.

*Hoity Toity real estate developer is brought to the ER after being involved in a MVA.

*Said snob requires surgery but doesn’t want to be treated at County General.

*Snob patient's personal doctor shows up and says a chopper is on the way to transport snob patient to better facility.

*Pratt argues with snob patient and his doctor and says he isn’t going anywhere until he is stabilized.

*Romano shows up and kisses butt of snob patient and his personal physician and gives them the green light to transfer.

* Pratt refuses to sign transfer papers.

*Romano tell Pratt he has disobeyed him for the last time and that he is fired and that Carrie and Asnpagh will be arriving shortly to cross the T’s and dot the I’s on his walking papers. Romano signs snob patient's transfer papers himself.

*Helicopter arrives at County General and Romano, snob and snob doctor go up to roof along with Parminder and "Nurse X".

*Romano freaks out when he sees helicopter and cant go out onto roof.

* Susan’s ex husband tries to board helicopter to be the travel nurse but is turned away by private nurse of snob patient. Argument ensues.

* Romano has a panic attack and runs out of the ER to the alley for some fresh air and to compose himself.

*Romano sees lousy med-student (intern?) in the alley smoking a dubie.

*Romano tells him to go into the ER triage area and not to leave until further notice.

*Helicopter has engine trouble shortly after take-off and crashes on the roof.

*Parminder is fine but “Nurse X” takes fatal shrapnel in the back.

*Helicopter bounces off of room and lands on street below (and possibly on Romano).

* ER is faced with panic and additional casualties.

* All passengers aboard helicopter are pronounced dead at scene.

*Susan freaks thinking her Ex is dead.

*Ex shows up and advises that bitchy private nurse of snob patient wouldn’t let him on the chopper. They share a cute moment when he says that he did “scrape his back” and shows her a little blood.

*Ex is fact seriously wounded with shrapnel yet continues to play hero and help save others. But he collapses moments later and requires immediate surgery.

*With no residents around, it’s up to Abby to break the rules and save his life and stabilize him with a tube and central line when Parminder and another med-student get squimish.

*Ex survives the surgery and he and Susan have another cute moment. She also shows up with the flowers he gave her and that she discarded.

* Anspagh shows up and tells Pratt that he didn’t believe Romano’s complaints about Pratt and that Pratt is an excellent Dr. and that he is not fired. And that Romano has nerve to rat on Pratt and then not show up for the meeting that he himself scheduled.

* Everyone wonders where the hell Romano is.

*Last scene of night shows helicopter wreckage being lifted by a crane. Much debris (and possibly Romano?) are seen underneath.

Well, that is now professional FORT recap but its the bread and butter of the nights episode for ya L.G. :-)

PS I STILL believe Romano isnt dead. LOL
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-21-2003 at 11:52 AM.

LG.
    THANKS DADDIO! that was great. A real blow by blow account of the episode. I like Susan and her guy that she picked up in Vegas, so I'm glad he didn't get taken out by the chopper.

Daddio, you know they say the denial is one of the phases of grief. Maybe you'll come to accept that Romano got squished by debris after you get angry and um, whatever those other steps are.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    THANKS DADDIO! that was great. Daddio, you know they say the denial is one of the phases of grief. Maybe you'll come to accept that Romano got squished by debris after you get angry and um, whatever those other steps are.
    Ah my pleasure. :-)

Re: Romano, I dont really harbour any feelings for him one way or the other but his "alleged" death just didnt seem cut and dried enough for me. So that is why I think he might still be alive. I just smell a little something rotten in Denmark. LOL

*Lousy goateed med-student (intern?) treats glaucoma patient who has been self-medicating with weed.

*Lousy goateed med-student (intern?) steals patients weed.

^^ that was Morse, 4th year med student that Coop has been carrying since the begining. He is only completing medical school to please his father - he's not interested in being a doctor and he has zero aptitude for it. Too bad he wasn't under the helicopter. He's a waste of space.

Susan was totally blowing Chuck off when he asked her to join him for some late night pumpkin pie (he'd bring the whipped cream ) But she was so relieved and happy to see him, it was great!
    I think Susan is going to reconsider the option she took with Chuck (spending all of their time together v.s. none at all) They make a cute couple.

For some reason they really focused on an old camera that was found amoung the Thanksgiving decorations. There were still exposures left on the roll so they finished it off and had the roll developed. The pics were from last year and included pics of Dr. Green and one they really focused on was Abby with Romano in the background. We all presumed he was dead at this point, but the staff had no idea. My husband said that guy sure has a problem with helicopters.
    One of the end scenes was a dirty, bearded Carter peeking out from a tent. His beautiful and barely clothed tent companion puts a hand on his shoulder and says John, come back to bed. I guess Dr. Carter will be back soon.
    Miss F I dont really like the new nurse Sam either. Its so obvious the writers are throwing Luka and Sam together. bleah. The kid is really morbid. Creepy little bugger.
    If Romano is dead (Daddio I really doubt he got out of the way fast enough) Will we see more of Carrie in the ER or will Susan take over?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    If Romano is dead (Daddio I really doubt he got out of the way fast enough) Will we see more of Carrie in the ER or will Susan take over?
    If Romano is dead (if)- then they will need a new head of the ER. Carrie is too busy with her paper pushing job, so that could signal the return of Carter - perhaps someone (Carrie or Anspagh) blow a call to Africa to say he is needed to return to the U.S. and run the ER. His appearance in last nights episode would strengthen that plot line. He appeared to be deep in thought and it likely was on a return to Chicago.

Luka could run it but I think they are building to a story line where his corner cutting has disasterous results (we had a tease of this with the appy patient last week).

I dont think Susan is up for the job of running the ER. The writers seem to make a point of her either making some major mistakes or going through phases where she loses a lot of patients (both literally and figuratively). She is a very good doctor without being an excellent doctor like Carter or Luka. She has lots of ups and downs medically.

I dont like Sam either. Its as if they wanted to bring in a person to take over the Abby role of "all knowing" smart ass nurse. And her one dimentional son with his morbid fascination with blood and death is a real bothersome charecter. I think they tossed in his diabetes as a convenient future story line. I also thought that when Luka took a cat scan Xray of the kids skull last week "for fun" that it would turn out that they would discover a brain tumor or something.

And his trying to get Luka and Sam together is vomit enducing.

The disposable camera in last nights episode was a very interesting plot element and I have a feeling that we havent seen the last of those photos. Hmmmmm
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-21-2003 at 01:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast