+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All programs, all networks - Season rankings, 11/09/03

All programs, all networks - Season rankings, 11/09/03

The following list is the program rankings for all 131 primetime shows currently on the air for the 6 major networks (including the WB and UPN). The rankings are for the period 09/22/03 through 11/09/03, ranked by viewers. Viewership is in thousands.

The asterisks are next to ABC programs because that's where I got the data.

[IMG]images/img/std_111103.gif[/IMG]

Hmmmm...Friends at #2. Personally, I think that show is pretty overrated. Also, CSI Miami...#6??? I hate that show with a passion. If it had been my way, there would be some more WB shows at the top...as well as Alias in the top 5. What are these viewers thinking?

The big suprise to me is that NBC's Coupling comes in at #24....and they cancelled it!!! Way to give it a shot, NBC!!! (btw, yes, I did criticize Coupling as being terrible, then NBC announced the cancellation, and THEN played an episode that I found hysterical. And now it comes in at #24)
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Some of the shows on the list surprise me. For example, "Lyon's Den" (hiatus) beat out "24" narrowly. "24" is a MUCH better show than most of the shows above it.

CSI: Miami continues to baffle me. No one I know likes it or watches it, and most of them openly hate David Caruso. How is it #6? ER also baffles me. I hear people say it's "done", and yet it's still #4.

Frasier, down at 28, much lower than I thought it would be. And "Scrubs", a hilarious show with absolutely no support from NBC, is rated well.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Some of the shows on the list surprise me. For example, "Lyon's Den" (hiatus) beat out "24" narrowly. "24" is a MUCH better show than most of the shows above it.

CSI: Miami continues to baffle me. No one I know likes it or watches it, and most of them openly hate David Caruso. How is it #6? ER also baffles me. I hear people say it's "done", and yet it's still #4.

Frasier, down at 28, much lower than I thought it would be. And "Scrubs", a hilarious show with absolutely no support from NBC, is rated well.
    This really is a great history lesson on what America seems to be watching (unlike us discriminating FORTers ) My mom is not discriminating with what she watches. She still watches ER, even though she admits that it isn't that good anymore. She doesn't like David Caruso, but watches CSI Miami because she liked the CSI-type drama. She is also one of those people that will watch a show like Coupling simply because it is between two shows that she does watch.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

I'm in that boat too. I love CSI, I tolerate Caruso on MCSI because I'm a nerd at heart and I like that I get to try and solve the case along with the show. I also watch NCIS- for the same reason.
    ER - I still like it. I was surprised that Law and Order SVU didnt rank higher- but what can you expect on friday night? Third Watch is 44?? what can you expect from a friday night death sentence?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

All I know is that I feel bad that I'm only watching 4 of the top 10 shows on television, but I don't think my TiVo and VCR can take any more.

7th Heavon is 83? that is quickly turning into one of my favorate shows, the kid love it and I've been watching it too lately.

Coupling was cancelled and it's 24? Geez, what a way to give a show time to grow.

I'm enjoying Miss Match, I hope they don't pull the plug on that and give it a little time to grow an audience.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

What's the lowest rated show you watch regularly? For me, it's...

Grounded for Life, coming in at #122.

I ramble...
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain
    What's the lowest rated show you watch regularly? For me, it's...

Grounded for Life, coming in at #122.

Here I thought I watched a lot of TV, but I guess I watch a lot of high ranked tv, since the lowest ranked show i watch is Third Watch at #43. I watch ER still, but I've dropped Friends this season to watch Survivor: Pearl Islands. Usually I watch Friends and then flip to Survivor, but I'm pretty impressed with Survivor this go round. I've found myself watching a lot of CBS shows this season, and apparently so is everyone else, since CBS makes up half of the top 20.
    Jecka
    "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page." - Mark Houlahan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast