+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Conscious" - Episode 9 - 11/30

"Conscious" - Episode 9 - 11/30

SYDNEY AGREES TO UNDERGO AN EXPERIMENTAL PROCEDURE BY AN ECCENTRIC DOCTOR TO RETRIEVE HER MISSING MEMORIES - WHICH COULD END UP KILLING HER - ON ABC'S "ALIAS"

Director David Cronenberg ("Crash," "The Fly") Guest Stars as Dr. Brezzel

"Conscious" - After making a shocking discovery in the desert, Sydney agrees to submit to an experimental procedure conducted by an eccentric doctor (David Cronenberg, director of "Crash," "Naked Lunch," "The Fly"), designed to retrieve her lost memories. But while Jack and Vaughn look on, Sydney's mind proves surprisingly resistant to letting her remember her missing time -- and the process of recovering it could end up killing her. Meanwhile, Lauren makes a great sacrifice in order to make her alibi believable to Lindsey after breaking Sydney out of NSC custody, and Sloane finds himself boxed in by an unlikely enemy -- one who wants to see Sydney Bristow eliminated permanently -- on "Alias," SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Alias" stars Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, Victor Garber as Jack Bristow, Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane, Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn, Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon, Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman, Melissa George as Lauren Reed, Greg Grunberg as Eric Weiss and David Anders as Mr. Sark.

Guest starring are Kurt Fuller as Lindsey, Dan Warner as FBI Agent Reims, Daniel E. Smith as Steven Dixon, Tristin Hays as Robin Dixon, Gerard O'Donnell as Agent Scrimm, Boris Hamilton as customer, David Cronenberg as Dr. Brezzel, Erica Leehrsen as Kaya, Susan Han as EMT, Sarah K. Peterson as young Sydney and Mark Brahmall as Lazarey.

"Conscious" was written by Josh Appelbaum & Andre' Nemec and directed by Ken Olin.

A fairly recent pic of David Cronenberg. He LOOKS like a mad scientist, doesn't he?

I'm looking forward to this episode!

Whoa! That was an exciting episode. The dream sequences were spectacular and creepy. I'm kind of bummed that Lauren isn't bad. I was hoping that she'd be involved in this, so that Sydney could beat the crap outta her. Oh well...

Also, the hand was severed 4 months ago or so...that murder on tape was faked? I mean, what could it all possibly be? That means he must have been killed...or the hand was severed...right before Sydney awoke. Cuz the coordinates had to be put in that apartment, unless someone put them there. Aaaahhhh! I want next week's!!

That doctor was hilarious. And that assistant, Kaya...she was high the whoooooole time.

Is there gonna be a full recap of tonight's episode on this site? I completely missed it and I'm pretty bummed about it. That darn holiday traffic turned my 6 hour drive into a 10 hour nightmare!

Jay
    If I didn't know the doctor was Cronenburg, I would have thought he was Maury Povich.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    Whoa! I'm kind of bummed that Lauren isn't bad. I was hoping that she'd be involved in this, so that Sydney could beat the crap outta her. Oh well...
    Well at least Syd did get to take some shots at Lauren in order to make it believable that the Covenant took Syd.

That Doctor was a nut job, and the "hugs" girl had one too many dream trips. I hate the way it ended. I wanted to see what Syd saw in room 47.

HomerRules said...
    If I didn't know the doctor was Cronenburg, I would have thought he was Maury Povich.

Probably one of the best episodes this series has ever had in three years!!! IMO
    Dream sequences are all to often used as a plot device to eat up space and time to get to the next scene or episode. I didn't get that feel this time though.
    If anyone ever watched Star Trek The Next Generation the scenes were oddly reminiscient of when Data had a dream sequence and had to cut out some infestation on Counselor Troi's body.
    And we are left wondering what, exactly is Sloan's " Big picture " as Lindsay said.
    Anyone else hoping the sniper misses Sydney and hits a certain NSC director??
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

I thought the dream sequences were just a clever way to get us repeated shots of Syd running in slow motion?

Anyway, great episode, but I want to know what she saw behind door 47, dammit!

Speedbump, there won't be a recap here. But try www.twoevilmonks.org probably tomorrow, if you have a high-speed connection. They'll help fill in the blanks, with very good graphical recaps.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I thought the dream sequences were just a clever way to get us repeated shots of Syd running in slow motion?

Oh yeah....that was great. Lovin the white jeans That was a really good episode and again they know how to keep the viewers in suspense. I would take a guess at what is behind the door but the writers are so good I will probably never guess it.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Anyway, great episode, but I want to know what she saw behind door 47, dammit!
    I was *so* hoping the door would be #42 s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast